Law question ...

Both me and my Dad have SGC's but as I was too young to buy a Gun he bought It for me to give as a gift but we haven't swapped It over to my Certificate yet.

Can I 'borrow' It and use the Gun without him?

I'm askin' because I just set a Clay Trap on a bit of land my Uncle has permission on but my Dad can't make the Day we want to go down there ....

Cheers, Butch :thumbs:

There's no need for the Gun to be swapped and it takes next to no time for your dad to fill in your certificate so this is what I would do to play safe.

Ask Dad to enter the gun on Table 2 of your SGC as "Given".

Then you have seven days to inform your Licensing dept. You and your dad should each notify them of the transaction. You should say you have acquired it, your dad should say he has Given it to you. Also, if you both put that you want the gun to be "Shared" then it will remain on both of your SGCs. Put both letters in the same envelope :yes:

Problem Solved,

SS :thumbs:

There's no need for the Gun to be swapped and it takes next to no time for your dad to fill in your certificate so this is what I would do to play safe.

Ask Dad to enter the gun on Table 2 of your SGC as "Given".

Then you have seven days to inform your Licensing dept. You and your dad should each notify them of the transaction. You should say you have acquired it, your dad should say he has Given it to you. Also, if you both put that you want the gun to be "Shared" then it will remain on both of your SGCs. Put both letters in the same envelope :yes:

Problem Solved,

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Cheers SS! ;)

So can I use the Gun on Tuesday without my Dad?

I didn't quite understand ...

Butch

YES...as long as you both complete the paperwork and send off to your firearms department as outlined above, or you can BORROW the gun for up to 72 hours without having to notify the police...as long as you have a VALID SGC!

Is your SGC empty???

The only reason I didn't mention the 72 hour exemption (And no its not because the Grey Cells have given up :laugh: )

Is because, if you have no entries on your SGC, you have no proof that the gun is yours and being the age you are, they may take it more seriously.

Have your father fill in your SGC, and send off a letter from each of you, Problem solved. I just think its safer and less hassle.

The only reason I didn't mention the 72 hour exemption (And no its not because the Grey Cells have given up :laugh: )

Is because, if you have no entries on your SGC, you have no proof that the gun is yours and being the age you are, they may take it more seriously.

Have your father fill in your SGC, and send off a letter from each of you, Problem solved. I just think its safer and less hassle.

Little Butch

The obvious and simple answers are the best...if the original plan was as outlined, I wonder why this has not been done already:hmm: ...It could have happened whilst we were discussing everything..you can still do it today!!!! I have guns for my lad at the moment and his paperwork is away now...when it arrives back he won't stop pestering Dad till I transfer everything!! :thumbs:

ATB