Quick hour out

Just popped out for a quick lamp around a few fields as the wind has got up and i couldn't help myself,i have a hancock lurcher that just doesn't strike into a fence and pulls up when ever he gets near one.lamping with him gets a bit :censored: sometimes as he can miss a lot of rabbits some nights,well tonite he picked his first rabbit up on his first strike after a good straight line course,one in the bag.He then ran a few near to a hedge and the same old pull up,now i know a lot of you are thinking get rid,waiste of space and all that blah.I aint a dog swopper,never have been never will be!,i have a pup for the future to bring up that should not have such a fault and he'll be here as a family pet out for the odd mooch with the rest of my dogs.I feed my dogs for free so it ain't even costing me a food bill to keep him and the kids can take him round a show or two next year because he looks good :feck:;) ,anyway back to tonite.We entered another field and off he went out to a squatter on a hiss from me,i work him loose and not on a slip and if i see a squatter and he doesn't a hiss from me sends him right up the beam until he sees it then he stalks it,this one got up and led him across the field towards the hedge,another one lost i thought,but he turned it right back across the field to the other side hedge ran it up and down a bit then caught it just as it went in,he was right on the edge of the beam and did really well on catching this one.His next one was a up and down the hedge right in front of me and i so wish i had a camera as he was striking so hard i could hear his teeth snapping together,funny how you can slow the action down with your mind sometimes,like in a crash,a final grand belly sliding strike and another in the bag.I decided to call it a night on 4 caught as he's not 100% fit and wanted to give him a little roadwork on the walk home.Got back to my house and gave the field next to it a quick flash and right out was another who thought keeping it's head down was the right option,it wasn't and out he went,got close and did the stalk bit again then rushed in to strike and the rabbit lept up about 3ft in the air right over his head and he caught it in great acrobatic style,his retrieving went right out the window and he just lay down with it,to say the field was boggy and my boots were 20 sizes bigger than when i started to walk out to him is talking a bit lightly but was chuffed with my duffer hancock tonite and have to give the lad the credit for a not so bad job done and thanks dog for a good hour of sport.5 rabbits out of about 9 or 10 runs.