Rabbit snares scotland

downloaded snaring in scotland a practitioners guide in it it says that the rabbit snares must have a safety stop set 5 in from eye of snare my snares are all free running and have no stops any diy way of modifiying my snares. sorry if this has been asked before.In addition they say the wire should be 3/4 strands around eye and 6/8 strands around noose. any comments

Edited by hily

Guest jbswildlife
downloaded snaring in scotland a practitioners guide in it it says that the rabbit snares must have a safety stop set 5 in from eye of snare my snares are all free running and have no stops any diy way of modifiying my snares. sorry if this has been asked before.In addition they say the wire should be 3/4 strands around eye and 6/8 strands around noose. any comments

its a advicery note not law that will come later

on the first page WHO IS THIS LEAFLET FOR in short it reads this guide provides advice on snaring methods which are humane,legal and best practice.

Guest jbswildlife

on the first page WHO IS THIS LEAFLET FOR in short it reads this guide provides advice on snaring methods which are humane,legal and best practice.

advice not law no act has been stamped on it

jbs as you are in scotland i accept that you know more about this than me but do you agrea that this is a missleading pamphlet as it qoutes the word legal many times even in its last sentence it suggeststhat the guid is for the humane and legal use of snares. Do you know if this will come to the scottish government and when. Is it a forgone conclusion that it will be past or not. .

Guest jbswildlife

yes im in scotland, and the goverment up here are idiots and agriculture and anything to do with it will suffer at the hands of them. they have been working on this for over a year now and everything they do will be adviced followed by an act. have to wait and see. the first advice i recieved had the snareman placing signs up saying snaring in progress.(as if we would do that)

jbs as you are in scotland i accept that you know more about this than me but do you agrea that this is a missleading pamphlet as it qoutes the word legal many times even in its last sentence it suggeststhat the guid is for the humane and legal use of snares. Do you know if this will come to the scottish government and when. Is it a forgone conclusion that it will be past or not. .

One of the farms I control rabbits on is nearly all horse paddocks, some DIY livery so lots of different people around. I have to snare the paddocks when they are empty (in some places on the farm it is the only control method I can use). Despite telling everyone I can there is always a danger of someone putting a horse in one of the paddocks I am snaring by mistake so I put laminated signs on the paddock gates and tapes 'DO NOT USE. Rabbit Control in progress' with my phone number. I have not snared a horse yet and I have had at least 2 calls from curious horse owners about what was happening so the signs must work. Fortunately there is no one on the farm likely to interfere but in more public locations I could see it as an invitation rather than a warning.

All the best

AF