broken cambelt

not hard but you do need to have a timing setting tool. I can loan you one if you live in my area the tool i have covers engine codes 16d/16da/17d.

thanks mate but i live a bit to far away. what do you have to take off to get to it

don't want to sound nasty but if you don't know how to get to the belt and you dont have proper tool then suggest you pay a mobile mechanic to fit belt .the logic to this is first you have to replace belt anyway secound when belt is fitted and you crank engine you will be able to find out what if any damage done by checking compressions on each cyl this will give you a better idea of the cost of the job and if you are lucky a belt fitted may be all that you pay. good luck.

not hard but you do need to have a timing setting tool. I can loan you one if you live in my area the tool i have covers engine codes 16d/16da/17d.

thanks mate but i live a bit to far away. what do you have to take off to get to it

don't want to sound nasty but if you don't know how to get to the belt and you dont have proper tool then suggest you pay a mobile mechanic to fit belt .the logic to this is first you have to replace belt anyway secound when belt is fitted and you crank engine you will be able to find out what if any damage done by checking compressions on each cyl this will give you a better idea of the cost of the job and if you are lucky a belt fitted may be all that you pay. good luck.

cheers mate i am a mechanical fitter but on factory machinery and boilers . the cars still were it broke down so not had a chance to have a good look . just thought id ask what was involved while i was sitting at the computer

cheers mate i am a mechanical fitter but on factory machinery and boilers . the cars still were it broke down so not had a chance to have a good look . just thought id ask what was involved while i was sitting at the computer

as a fitter you'l work it out plus one more tip take off cam cover make sure cam isn't snapped and check for any valves sticking too much clearance between cam lob and follower.sorry no offence ment with last quote.