help me

Guest terriersam

Guest terriersam

hi,i was just wondering if someone could help me.i currently have two terriers named gyp and scamp.gyp is a parson cross and scamp is a patterdale cross russell.scamp is 11 months and gyp is two. both terriers are excellent workers to rat and rabbit and are good relible terriers.neither false marks. i found an earth yesterday and decided to enter gyp , the eldest.the terrier went deep into the set and started baying.he was down their for at least 20 mins baying frantically and then arose as if nothing had happened.the dogs have caught a vixen in the woods near to my house a few months back and dispactched it without trouble.i was just wondering if someone could tell me what was actually going on under ground.as if it was a fox wouldnt gyp have attacked it? thanks sam.

Guest terriersam
how did the terriers manage to catch a fox in the woods?

i wish my terriers could :whistle:

it was in really thick gorse.i thought they where after a rabbit or squirrell first lol.was pretty amazed myself.

Guest Dillon
hi,i was just wondering if someone could help me.i currently have two terriers named gyp and scamp.gyp is a parson cross and scamp is a patterdale cross russell.scamp is 11 months and gyp is two. both terriers are excellent workers to rat and rabbit and are good relible terriers.neither false marks. i found an earth yesterday and decided to enter gyp , the eldest.the terrier went deep into the set and started baying.he was down their for at least 20 mins baying frantically and then arose as if nothing had happened.the dogs have caught a vixen in the woods near to my house a few months back and dispactched it without trouble.i was just wondering if someone could tell me what was actually going on under ground.as if it was a fox wouldnt gyp have attacked it? thanks sam.

I have caught a good number of foxes on top with terriers it does happen especially dumb cubs early sept when the cover is still up.

Maybe your dog was up to a fox with cubs they can certainly get tight in, if your dog isn't up for the game then he may well have come off.

In all honesty you aint got a clue whats going on underground unless.

A. You dig your dog

B. You have dug your dog on enough occasions to know just what he is up to.

One can only speculate I'm afraid.

Guest terriersam

I have caught a good number of foxes on top with terriers it does happen especially dumb cubs early sept when the cover is still up.

Maybe your dog was up to a fox with cubs they can certainly get tight in, if your dog isn't up for the game then he may well have come off.

In all honesty you aint got a clue whats going on underground unless.

A. You dig your dog

B. You have dug your dog on enough occasions to know just what he is up to.

One can only speculate I'm afraid.

thanks anyway mate.someone i know who has earth dogs is going back to it.so ill have a walk with him.find out whats there.what the hell does "ANTI" mean .which the person who also commented called me?

Guest mucker

i dont do any bushing/daytime hunting but a dog i have when with its previous owner did manage to hold a fox in a hedge long enough for the lurchers to plough in an do there job.