Frustrated Ratter

clouser

My trick was to set the bait then lamp the area with some red lights (I used bike lamps but whatever) then use a wireless motion detector (got one off ebay for £20 or so). Put the sensor near the bait and then the alarm next to your window. Hey presto, you can sit and watch telly then 'bing bong' it's off to shoot old ratty.

Rats do normally have a routine so will be similar times, but dusk/dawn most active, depends on size of infestation, age of rat, scarcity of food and all sorts. I have been out anytime from 10pm to 3am.

A tip with bait is to smear it onto a surface so the rat has to stretch for it (use Nutella or peanut butter for this). Gives you a better chance of hitting them.

sminky

Like the motion sensor idea,have been smearing peanut butter about and they love it cos its always gone by morning but i have yet to catch the buggers eating it.I dont sit waiting all night but check at various times but still no luck,very frustrating.Thanks for all the input,i shall keep at it.

My trick was to set the bait then lamp the area with some red lights (I used bike lamps but whatever) then use a wireless motion detector (got one off ebay for £20 or so). Put the sensor near the bait and then the alarm next to your window. Hey presto, you can sit and watch telly then 'bing bong' it's off to shoot old ratty.

Rats do normally have a routine so will be similar times, but dusk/dawn most active, depends on size of infestation, age of rat, scarcity of food and all sorts. I have been out anytime from 10pm to 3am.

A tip with bait is to smear it onto a surface so the rat has to stretch for it (use Nutella or peanut butter for this). Gives you a better chance of hitting them.

sminky

Like the motion sensor idea,have been smearing peanut butter about and they love it cos its always gone by morning but i have yet to catch the buggers eating it.I dont sit waiting all night but check at various times but still no luck,very frustrating.Thanks for all the input,i shall keep at it.

At last!!! Got my first two rats last night and its been a long wait but they do love that peanut butter,fat as well,tho they should be the amount they have eaten.

i shoot rats in the day up by me in a farm shed filled with corn i think it is , never seen any in night . but iv been reading alot about them and they seem to come out to crushed apple the smeels gets them out and its to big for them to walk of with and chocolate hope it helps.

dan

HELP!!! Rats are driving me MAD! iI have tried the chicken soup,the peanut butter they love,iput it out in the evening stay up half the night and in the morning its all gone and no rats,they are winning the psychological warfare game,im dreaming about the bloody things.When do they come out,do you have to stay up all night,whats the answer? Help please or its the loony bin for me.

Hi Clouser, the peanut butter is fine but try sprinkling grated chocolate on top of the peanut butter and adding some jam as a bit of a side order, rats seem to love fruit

a supposed rat favourite that was suggested to me by a proffesional pest controller some time back but which i have yet to try is mars bars, apparently they love them