any of use hunters into metal detecting

Guest ferret feller

i dont mind the weight really but thats too expensive for me really... i had a small one a while ago took it too the local park and found 23 quid in change.... all within a few inches of teh soil well worth the abuse from the chavs :laugh:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Machines depreciate rapidly,my local detecting shop is only a mile away,he has a decent array of used machines at affordable prices because detectorists are like fishermen,always wanting the next models,you can get a sovereign used with 8 inch coil for a couple of hundred quid :)

Groat,as soon as I saw your name I knew you were a numismatist,excellent stater :icon_eek:

Mackem l've always been into Gamekeeping, Pest control , but this hobby for me is just something that i can do away from work but still keep my hunting instinct satisfyed. I get that engrosed in it a day just flys by if you know what i mean, and l'm always ready for another trip to another field to see if i can find something better than my previous ;)

1079x8g.jpg

Groat,as soon as I saw your name I knew you were a numismatist,excellent stater :icon_eek:

Mackem l've always been into Gamekeeping, Pest control , but this hobby for me is just something that i can do away from work but still keep my hunting instinct satisfyed. I get that engrosed in it a day just flys by if you know what i mean, and l'm always ready for another trip to another field to see if i can find something better than my previous ;)

1079x8g.jpg

thats a nice coin mate :thumbs:
Get it priced by Chirs Rudd groat,I remember an incredible byzantine coin he was auctioning once :blink:

Long since gone Mack, once the wife saw it pound signs wer flickering in her eyes, il managed to scrape a tidy sum for it but it broke my heart, l'll probably never find another :(

Get it priced by Chirs Rudd groat,I remember an incredible byzantine coin he was auctioning once :blink:

Long since gone Mack, once the wife saw it pound signs wer flickering in her eyes, il managed to scrape a tidy sum for it but it broke my heart, l'll probably never find another :(

if you dont mind me asking hopw much did you get for it ?

groat do you find it hard geting a good sharp picture of your coins i find it very hard , if you dont mind me asking hopw much did you get for it ?

The secret is get a camera with a macro shot and it must be 100% steady when you take the shot and i always try and take my pictures in natural sun light.

£450

Edited by Groat