succesfull shoots!

Guest air gunner

Guest air gunner

i have noticed in the your kills topic that many of you have huge bags with 6 or more rabbits. this is all great but how do you do it??? me and my friend have gone three days with only one rabbit. this may be because last time i went our guns were not properly zeroed (i have only just got the hang of it) but still is it you have loads of land to shoot or you kill three per field. because your guns are silent? we really need some help i must admit we wer not a very good shot but we are good now. any way we shoot on three main horse paddocks situated quite closly but not so close the rabbits here a shot and run. next time we go what should we do? such as times we should go out and have and times we should be inside. the house is very close to the paddocks. we cant go closer than the fence normaly due to lack of cover but the wabbits are at most 30 yrds away so thats not an issue. anyway any advice on how we can get a better bag will help because one rabbits can hardly make a stew unless its like the one a friend shot on wednesday.

its all about practice mate. Practice your accuracy until you can hit a 1" target everytime at 30 yards and practice your fieldcraft. You have to learn to stalk, use the wind, walk quietly, use cover, react to the actions of your quarry etc. Many people on here have been hunting since they were kids and all these skills just come naturally but everyone had to learn sometime.

Once you have your accuracy sorted find a spot within range of where the rabbits usually come out, make sure the wind is coming from them to you. Sit in ambush there either just after dawn or just before dusk, keep silent, dont move and be patient. it could take anything from 5 mins to a half hour before they appear. Once they do, dont shoot immediatley let them get comfortable. They will move a little way from cover and start to feed. Then compose your shot, if they stop feeding or acting naturally ie; sit bolt upright then freeze and wait for them to relax again.

Once you have them in your sights and are happy with the shot (a headshot between ear and eye) then take it and there you go, a successful hunt!

Good luck!

daz washing pounder is a kiss of death..makes your cloaths whiter then white and deposites a white on your skin..

is there actualy that many rabbits about? some area's they get very sharp..

next is wind.. not a purrrrrt kind but the weather wind.. scent blows about etc..

and zero's? have a test shot before you start, but not in the middle of where your shooting.