went out this evening trying my patterdale x on rats at a old cafe. i let her of the lead, she nosed around a bit then went into a thick bramble bush out of sight. there was a lot of barking and yelping, i waited for 15 or so minutes. when my dog eventually came out she was covered in blood, with cuts on her face and neck. crawled in through the thorns to find a small young fox dead.

i thought terriers were ment to bolt foxes not kill them, so why didnt the fox run?

• 3 weeks later...

Guest terriersam
went out this evening trying my patterdale x on rats at a old cafe. i let her of the lead, she nosed around a bit then went into a thick bramble bush out of sight. there was a lot of barking and yelping, i waited for 15 or so minutes. when my dog eventually came out she was covered in blood, with cuts on her face and neck. crawled in through the thorns to find a small young fox dead.

i thought terriers were ment to bolt foxes not kill them, so why didnt the fox run?

the same thing happened to me in a woods near to my house.the dogs got it in thick gorse.maybe the fox wasnt able to run because the dog was holding it? something wrong with the fox?maybe it was poisened if it was near a cafe.poison could have been put out.or if the fox was young maybe it had no chance to escape. good job anyway.keep at it!

Guest Dillon

Must have been least a year old mate, Hardly young in fox terms