Introducing the dog to the 'dig'!

As you can see new to this! I'm canvassing opinion on the subject of the best means of introducing my 18 month old russel bitch, to earth quarry! Spoken to a number of individuals, with some common methods! However having read this forum for a number of months now there seems to be great deal of 'working days' experience out there, so here goes nothing!! She is a goer on the normal rabbit and rat, in fact anything that moves to be fair (I'v had 2 pigeon and a squirrel with her!) She's gone to ground in pursuit of rabbit but realise this is a big step up! Had terriers before which have been introduced to their game before they came into my possesion (I know I was lucky!) been out of the scene for almost 15 years but now Im back I've realised what Ive been missing for so long! Thanks in advance for any advice guys!!

Guest mucker

if you spoken to individuals see if one of them will let you tag along on a dig with your russell,

its the best way to start a dog in my opinion,although plenty will go with out ever seeing a dig prior.

id never let mine see rabbits if its destined for earth work.