mintybow0vi.jpg

2003 Imprint gyr saker

www.raptormagic.co.uk

elsham3378an.jpg

2000 male Gyr x Lanner

Hope you like the pics.

cracking pic's [bANNED TEXT]
Guest falconeru.k01

He is used in warmer months he is a high flyer normally specs out every time with out fail !

He never been passed to lure dont want him dropping pitch. The gyr saker is same i use peri x lanner , saker, lannerette for lure work.

Regards Mick

www.raptormagic.co.uk

Guest falconeru.k01

These are for demo work only i stopped hunting longwings to spend time with family , i still have 2 peris, 3/4 gyr & 50/50 gyr saker that hunt but not bothered flying this season. im out with birds from 8 am - dusk every day so i dont get much time with family lucky for me wife flys birds as well otherwise i be single by now. Its great but hard work on days like today cold !! Roll on summer

Guest falconeru.k01

dscf00028fn.jpg

This is female peri x lanner she displayed for 2 seasons but has taken to crow etc , high mounter but was doing demo end of last season put crow down in demo so may be for sale

Lannerette lure bird my best bird for lure work he comes in to lure between crowd i always tell public no sitting on fence this boy soon gets them of fence. :D

dscf00064on.jpg

Guest quinny1

Great birds :)

in your experience, what would you say is the best falcon for a beginner, not a hawk, that is capable of hunting prey in the region of medium sized gulls, crows, magpies etc. also, do falcons need to be flown more often than hawks to be fit?

Thanks

Quinny

Guest falconeru.k01

The peri x lanner is good cross it has nice temperment ,capable of gulls etc , peri x saker good as well i prefer peri lanner , yes they want flying daily to get the most of the bird it also helps to get fit before trying to enter it so many people get falcon fly it & expect it just to kill the more work you put in before will make your falcon comfident enough to take quarry on

Regards mick

www.raptorcentre.co.uk

dscf00028fn.jpg

This is female peri x lanner she displayed for 2 seasons but has taken to crow etc , high mounter but was doing demo end of last season put crow down in demo so may be for sale

Lannerette lure bird my best bird for lure work he comes in to lure between crowd i always tell public no sitting on fence this boy soon gets them of fence. :D

dscf00064on.jpg

Alright mate the bottom pic is a cracker what weight do lannerettes roughly fly at r they capable of taking magpies

Guest falconeru.k01

weight vary from around 15 0z to over 1 lb (male) some people so call hunt them! but in the wild they prefer to take smaller birds from floor , I wouldnt bother with anything this size get something little bigger . The lanner hybrids are ok for hunting lanner x saker or peri x lanner get lanner saker for £300 (female)

Alright mate the bottom pic is a cracker what weight do lannerettes roughly fly at r they capable of taking magpies

elsham4628cj.jpg

Here are few of my birds.

2005 imprint Black kite

mintybow0vi.jpg

2003 Imprint gyr saker

www.raptormagic.co.uk

elsham3378an.jpg

2000 male Gyr x Lanner

Luv the birds especially the black kite my goal in life is to get a pair of red kites by the time i,m fifty,Whats yours fly like and are they hard to keep?

Hope you like the pics.

Guest falconeru.k01

I imported him from belgium last year as imprint , but found needed lot manning?

It wasnt that easy kept sitting on posts was imature, took me around 6 months for some reason to get flying properly we have a brahimy kite that flys great , the black kite will fly with barahminy this year hoping it will learn off him.

They are quite easy to look after but a nervous bird lots of manning get it young mate,

Im buying a red kite this year they are great looking i love the kite family , they make a fantastic vocal sound the barahminy kites are the most vocal of all the kites .

How many years will that be before you are fifty & hopefully get your red kites?