went out hunting tonight with my dog tex he didnt run that many rabbits and after we had lamped we got over a gate and he collapsed and started fitting and i couldnt get no signal from him he wudnt walk and i tried to get some sugary water into him but his jaw was stiff and i cudnt open his mouth would any one have any idea of wat is wrong with him because i phoned the vet and she just said if it fits all night bring it in the morning and she said it may have epalepsie!!! and thanks very much hairy face for the help!!! :thumbs: !!! does any one have any ideas???

Guest smashygadge
well my dog went down tonight ran one then packed up mate

but dosnt sound as bad as what your having

if you look at m thread adamr said somthing about a virous :thumbs:

thanks matea just hope it ain epilepsy!!

what breed is the dog

ive had known of bulls with that in the past

well with a touch of fitting but normally came good just from petting.

they were straight bulls like :thumbs:

hope it comes good for you

How long did the fit last for?

Sometimes working dogs will take a sudden crash in blood glucose - these only last for a minute or two.

epileptic seizures vary from 30s to minutes.

By the way - change your vet! Any dog thats fitting for more than 10-15 minutes is an emergency, and needs seen ASAP - the muscular activity raises the body temperature, and if not stopped, can result in permanent brain damage, if not a dead dog!!

Jim

it wouldnt do any harm giving SEDGWICK(cockermouth) a ring will 01900823187 for a 2nd opinion, as in my opinion they are better than them other vets, in fact i think they are not worth a w@nk when it comes to dog, more suited to sticking there arms up a cow,i wont take a dog back to them again, cheersHF,

PS, if you need anything you know where i,m at :thumbs:

has the dog got any scratchs or cuts? possible to have tetanus? also an inbalance of electolytes and the bodys system could cause the odd fit? how fit is the dog please?

the dog has not got scratches and he is very fit a didnt really run him that hard last night!!!

How long did the fit last for?

Sometimes working dogs will take a sudden crash in blood glucose - these only last for a minute or two.

epileptic seizures vary from 30s to minutes.

By the way - change your vet! Any dog thats fitting for more than 10-15 minutes is an emergency, and needs seen ASAP - the muscular activity raises the body temperature, and if not stopped, can result in permanent brain damage, if not a dead dog!!

Jim

he fitted for bout 10- 15 mins just violantly shaking and then he came around and we hammerd some sugary water into him!!!!

it wouldnt do any harm giving SEDGWICK(cockermouth) a ring will 01900823187 for a 2nd opinion, as in my opinion they are better than them other vets, in fact i think they are not worth a w@nk when it comes to dog, more suited to sticking there arms up a cow,i wont take a dog back to them again, cheersHF,

PS, if you need anything you know where i,m at :thumbs:

CHEERS HF !!!