Short legged Jack Russell for stud

cant you just pull him off now an then :whistling:

One small problem, no two actually. One - that will not produce any puppies, and two - my old man would be upset if I did it to the dog instead of him :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cant you just pull him off now an then :whistling:

One small problem, no two actually. One - that will not produce any puppies, and two - my old man would be upset if I did it to the dog instead of him :)

:clapper: :clapper:

I'm offering Texas, my 2 1/2 year old, short legged, smooth coated Jack Russell up for stud.

I have unfortunately not worked him but he's good at catching squirrells :) and I'm hoping to do some ratting with him soon. He comes from "farm stock" or to be more exact, Seamoor Ponies, they used to be in Somerset but have moved back up north to Yorkshire. His parents normally do ratting around the stables. He is a very sturdy little dog with a great temperament, unless you're the postman :tongue2:.

Texas_i_jungen.jpg

side_1.jpg

side_2.jpg

teeth_1.jpg

teeth_2.jpg

family.jpg

His sire is back right and dam front left

Since he's not a proven stud (not for the lack of wanting on his part) payment is open to discussion but was hoping for a puppy or price of. Any questions just let me know.

Annika

............Y,,,,,,,, :wallbash::doh::doh:
Y,,,,,,,, :wallbash::doh::doh:

Ha, ha, this could go on forever. Why not? Constructive critisism is sooooo much better :whistling: Sorry, couldn't resist :tongue2:

iif i were you pal id muzzle him before you let him mount you.I reckon he wold bite the back off you will he would be giving you socks :icon_redface:

:icon_eek: What is it with men and making a mess in socks? This is starting to go seriously down hill now, better stop myself before I get :censored::tongue2:

Guest oldskool

hey annika, why dont you wait until he does a bit of work and see what he's made of??? if you discover he doesnt make the grade then what the point in breeding off him??? there is no shortage of litters out there that will have excellent temperaments and good working ability if working is what you intend to do with them... it would be better going down that road instead of breeding yet another litter of pups that will fill the dog pounds further still... just my opinion :-D

hey annika, why dont you wait until he does a bit of work and see what he's made of??? if you discover he doesnt make the grade then what the point in breeding off him??? there is no shortage of litters out there that will have excellent temperaments and good working ability if working is what you intend to do with them... it would be better going down that road instead of breeding yet another litter of pups that will fill the dog pounds further still... just my opinion :-D

Have hopefully got some ratting sorted for us in the not too distant future, fingers crossed he does well.

Very good point about too many pups ending up at the pounds but still hoping there is some hope for my little guy as I'd love a pup he's sired.

Will keep you updated on what hopefully will be the meanest, leanest, rat killing Jack Russell south of Oxford :gunsmilie:

were you saying 'rag it' or 'sh*g it' on the vid

no wonder you feel the poor fella needs a bit of (short) leg over if you keep telling him to sh8g a football

nice looking dog though, good luck !

Short legged jrt, football cross, there's an interesting one but quite tricky. 'Rag it', it was, I'll get him to save the other one for the ladies :).

Guest gaz100604

why not buy a jrt bitch in season and breed him to that bitch if you really desperatly want a pup from him.noone would breed their good working bitch to an unproven dog.otherwise a playboy magazine and a bottle of lube so he can get himself off lol

Get him castrated, I'm sure hes a lovely pet but seriously what would he offer in a litter??????? Breeding a litter because he is sexually frustrated is nieve and anthropormophic.

You sound like an inteligent person do do the dog and any possible pups a favour and get him neutered.

Ok, joking aside. I don't think he is sexually frustrated to the point of suffering so I don't think castration would do him a favour even though some people say it does prolong the life of dogs. As for nieve and anthropormophic, had to look up nieve and could only find, nieve - "clenched fist" (northern and Scot. dialect), but I do know he's not a human and neither does he think like one so he's probably quite happy not covering any bitches.

However, from a more selfish point I would personally quite like to have a puppy from him because I do feel there are a few good qualities he could bring in to a litter, even though he is not a worker (yet). He has a very good and steady temperament but he is also feisty and stands his ground when needed. He has a sound strong build, good teeth and bite and is not a bad looking dog.

I do want to take him ratting but as a lot of people I have found it a bit difficult to get started but when I do I'll keep you updated on his hunting skills.

Now there's an idea, anyone in the Dorset area who like the look of him but is not sure if he "has it in him", why not invite us around for a trial :).

Letting him mate a bitch once will make the dog a damn nuisance afterwards and a lot worse than he is now. If the dog is a pain bonking things, give him a clip round his ear, tell him to pack it in and mean it, if he continues castrate him, he wont bonk anything again.

Probably was a bit premature posting about him here, cheers for the tin hat maltenby :tongue2: . I am hoping he will prove himself in time so I will keep you updated. To be honest I'd rather have a pup from him and a good bitch than a not so good one, so I'll just have to be patient, not very good at that though :wallbash:

Letting him mate a bitch once will make the dog a damn nuisance afterwards and a lot worse than he is now.

Very good point, fortunately he's not too bad for humping things, just when meeting other dogs, in particular my mate's male rottweiler. Please don't let him be gay, that would not be condusive to getting offspring :icon_redface: .

what oldskool and proudy said ... or breed him, pick a pup and knock the rest on the head. Better than the pups ending up with the RSPCA

I'm hoping he's going to turn out to be "decent stuff". I'd be too bloody soft to knock the rest on the head so I'd endup keeping them all and in the end be like the woman with hundreds of dogs.

Cheers for all good advice, it's made me even more determined to get out there and work him, just need to find some rats and rabbits now :victory: