corvid killler!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPAR

Well after p***ing down most of the day thought I would make a quick dash for it and fly the FHH, as soon as I pulled up on the flying ground I could see a nice big plump carrion about 400 yards away lucky thing was I was right for the wind. I managed to get around a heap of rubble and down into a ditch which by this time was about 100 yards for the little f****r eating worms or something, crept along the ditch for about 50 yards or so took the hood off Ab's and broke cover. Well put it this way, I thought HH's were just slow, fat and lazy and this crow must of really been taking the P*** unless it thought it was its brother or sister coming in for a share of the worms :whistling: it must of noticed about 20 yards incoming Im out of here it managed to take its last 10 wing beats before the talons hit and it was good night for mr crow, old boy by the looks of it as it had one or two white primarys.

post-12692-1222800787_thumb.jpg

post-12692-1222800817_thumb.jpg

Good stuff.. :thumbs: ..them white primaries dont mean they are old mate as ive seen a lot of young carrion's around this way like that over the past few year's..and most of them have a lot more white colour to them..im sure they are like a magpie hybrid of some kind..

Millet

the farms around this way use to catch rooks, crows and jackdaws in multicatchers and bleach half a wing or a full wing and the same with the tail feathers and each farm had there own feather so to speak so every farm knew how far these corvids flew and which farms they were flying to and from.

The white feathers are a Nutrition deficiency! we used to pick up alot like this and get a few easy one's like this with birds with white brittle feathers, they're lacking in something either during the moult of when growing down feathers from a sibling....

Still nice to see one in the bag :thumbs:

Jasper

The white feathers are a Nutrition deficiency! we used to pick up alot like this and get a few easy one's like this with birds with white brittle feathers, they're lacking in something either during the moult of when growing down feathers from a sibling....

Still nice to see one in the bag :thumbs:

Jasper

I noticed a white crow today at work thought it was a feral at first but it looked to big so I drove passed it in the tractor as they dont take no notice us lot rawing up and down the fields just wish I had my big camera with me, saying that you might see it laying on its side with a Spar sitting on top of it before long :whistling: