N.Ireland goose

• 2 weeks later...

Lexie,

The goose shooting here is mostly tied up by the wildfowling clubs. There is nothing like the number of geese here as in Scotland so most Goose shots head over there for a few days. Some shooting can be had if you do a bit of leg work and know the right spots to look, but like I say they are few and far between in most of the province. Some of the wildfowling clubs will sell you a day permit through a BASC scheme but you need to go with a local or do lots of recces first to know where the flightlines are. Where abouts are you?

Good luck in getting some sport,

TT.

Lexie,

The goose shooting here is mostly tied up by the wildfowling clubs. There is nothing like the number of geese here as in Scotland so most Goose shots head over there for a few days. Some shooting can be had if you do a bit of leg work and know the right spots to look, but like I say they are few and far between in most of the province. Some of the wildfowling clubs will sell you a day permit through a BASC scheme but you need to go with a local or do lots of recces first to know where the flightlines are. Where abouts are you?

Good luck in getting some sport,

TT.

i live in limavady beside lough foyle we get e few greylags but wer getting fewer and fewer.. but hopefully this year ther`s a few more about ther`s plenty of swans arriving now but no geese..[bANNED TEXT] about urself wer u from and do u do any shooting??

Edited by lexie1234
  • 2 weeks later...

i shoot near lisneskea and am about 2 miles from the main lough. a few weeks back i saw a flight of about 50 to 60 geese almost deffinetly canadas. i applied for my shotgun certificate the next day :) havnt seen them anymore tho i havnt been down at flight time in a while. i hope they return :D

ur lucky ive only seen about six greylag and ive never saw any canada`s in my 3 years shooting round these parts..

aye i would keep an eye out they could be still about but i think most of them only stay a short while..

u might get ur certificate [bANNED TEXT] the end of the season.. lol

ur lucky ive only seen about six greylag and ive never saw any canada`s in my 3 years shooting round these parts..

aye i would keep an eye out they could be still about but i think most of them only stay a short while..

u might get ur certificate [bANNED TEXT] the end of the season.. lol

na man came througn like two weeks ago. was only away for like three weeks i was absolutly amased :clapper: