ur views please

hiho

For gods sake will some one answer me abought if it would be any good for up to 35-40 yards max i dont want something that will travel for miles

Timelord has already answered your question, he's already told you the dot will be the size of a football at 30 yards. :doh: What good is that?

Thank you tote :thumbs: If anyone needs education on anything to do with lasers don't hesitate to look in my profile and click on my website. I've been an Admin on a very successful laser site and I consider myself very knowledgable on the topic. Now if my advice is no good to you hiho then be my guest and get ripped off with a piece of junk costing $250, With the divergence (size of dot) at 30 yards like a football. Your ignorant and rude exchange with me serves no purpose in a public forum.

I was only trying to save you a 13 year old kid a lot of pocket money or less hours on a paper round :whistling:

For gods sake will some one answer me abought if it would be any good for up to 35-40 yards max i dont want something that will travel for miles

Timelord has already answered your question, he's already told you the dot will be the size of a football at 30 yards. :doh: What good is that?

Thank you tote :thumbs: If anyone needs education on anything to do with lasers don't hesitate to look in my profile and click on my website. I've been an Admin on a very successful laser site and I consider myself very knowledgable on the topic. Now if my advice is no good to you hiho then be my guest and get ripped off with a piece of junk costing $250, With the divergence (size of dot) at 30 yards like a football. Your ignorant and rude exchange with me serves no purpose in a public forum.

I was only trying to save you a 13 year old kid a lot of pocket money or less hours on a paper round :whistling:

Its £36.95 at JSR

£36.95 is way over the top and the laser is only a piss poor 1mw output. I will also point out that the dot will be eliptical in shape thus resulting in a large blimp shape (flying saucer) at 30 yards, not a nice neat round dot as seen in that American video. This is because the divergence is disgusting in these lasers. The top end lasers on the site I linked here will cost you the maximum of $18 = £9 for all the mounts battery and laser which will be brighter at 5mw.

5mw can be seen on bright days for good range finding, but 1mw can not be seen in bright daylight at all. Here are 2 lasers worth looking at here>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2560

And here>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1004

These lasers are much better than what JSR have to offer 100% not to mention you get all you need to mount it properly on your gun/scope too. Trust me I've brought loads of stuff from here and you won't regret what you get from here....

The way light travels means it gets bigger as it moves further away from its source meaning the dot from a lazer at 30yards will not be the same size as it is if it was 10 yards. the size of a football maybe over doing it a bit but i think the point is that as the range increases your accuracy drops. Its not much use if what your using to aim at your prey is about the size of its head at 30 yards because you dont know where your pellet is going to hit in that circle (so to speak) or blimp shape as timelord has said.

Hope that helps

O just to mention one thing. altho a lazer isnt that good for long range work its good for short range work.

Edited by bigdave911