squirrels

Guest jbswildlife

Guest jbswildlife

i find the best cage i catch squirrels in is a multi purpose one. even when set beside other types they choose that one the problem i find is that they cut them selfs to bits to get out, i'm thinking the squirrel believes it can get out of the slightly larger mesh what do you's think

post-10407-1219872090_thumb.jpg

a live catch trapped animal is going to do whatever it can, to free itself from whatever its trapped in, no matter what size/gauge mesh, your picture proves why its the law to check traps regularly every 24hrs,

a live catch trapped animal is going to do whatever it can, to free itself from whatever its trapped in, no matter what size/gauge mesh, your picture proves why its the law to check traps regularly every 24hrs,

I generally favour smaller mesh where I can as it means that any bashing about bangs against a sort of 'flat surface' rather than impacting a single bar.

I generally favour smaller mesh where I can as it means that any bashing about bangs against a sort of 'flat surface' rather than impacting a single bar.

i have always said , live catch traps are not humane , too much stress and injury , far better to have a kill trap set properly

It is recognised best practice to dispatch trapped animals quickly as well as humanely - ideally in situ where they have been trapped.

Live catch traps have their role to play, particularly where location, mix of species and even legislation mean that kill traps are not an option.

No

ohh, its just that when you said " I agree with you about instant kill. you imagine being caught in a trap then transported to your death . Hitler stuff that " its a comment someone would make who doesnt agree in live cage trapping as it might cause unnecessary suffering.....