toyota hilux

Guest fell terrier

any body on here swapped the engine on the old hilux2.8d for a turbo charged diesel from another type of 4x4 and what engine was it any ideas

So i take it you want to take the engine from another type 4x4 and replace the old 2.8TD in the hilux with it.....stick to the toyota engines bud there the only ones that will fit anyway without having to cut and weld eninge mounts and all that bollox ..... or why not just rebuild the 2.8 there a mighty engine cant see why you want anything else...

Guest fell terrier
any body on here swapped the engine on the old hilux2.8d for a turbo charged diesel from another type of 4x4 and what engine was it any ideas

So i take it you want to take the engine from another type 4x4 and replace the old 2.8TD in the hilux with it.....stick to the toyota engines bud there the only ones that will fit anyway without having to cut and weld eninge mounts and all that bollox ..... or why not just rebuild the 2.8 there a mighty engine cant see why you want anything else...

true but my one is non turbo and as far as i was led to believe the toyota is either 3.0 or 2.4 in turbo i could be wrong i have looked at putting a new 2.4 in but there seems a whole lot of work ie wiring loom ect a diahatsu or izuzu looks a lot easier less wire ect the 2.8 in mine is sluggish especially on hills you have to thrash her to go up em the body is a good en only an idea maybe there is a turbo that would fit nut that would mean swapping pump ect

true but my one is non turbo and as far as i was led to believe the toyota is either 3.0 or 2.4 in turbo i could be wrong i have looked at putting a new 2.4 in but there seems a whole lot of work ie wiring loom ect a diahatsu or izuzu looks a lot easier less wire ect the 2.8 in mine is sluggish especially on hills you have to thrash her to go up em the body is a good en only an idea maybe there is a turbo that would fit nut that would mean swapping pump ect

f**k the turbo idea as everything will have to be uprated to turbo ....ie pistons pumps etc..... Get another hilux engine same model etc and hopefully same engine mounts etc wiring looms look worse then they ar always but if its a case where you have to take out the dash etc leave well alone..... id say the swap from another jeep to the hilux doesnt sound half bad but will be way more work then just a wiring loom...

Hope this helps you some what on your quest for power .....

ps.. why not get her chiped?

Guest fell terrier

f**k the turbo idea as everything will have to be uprated to turbo ....ie pistons pumps etc..... Get another hilux engine same model etc and hopefully same engine mounts etc wiring looms look worse then they ar always but if its a case where you have to take out the dash etc leave well alone..... id say the swap from another jeep to the hilux doesnt sound half bad but will be way more work then just a wiring loom...

Hope this helps you some what on your quest for power .....

ps.. why not get her chiped?

to add a turbo you need to lower the compression this can be done by adding a thicker head gasket if i rebuilt the engine then i would more than likley change the pistons and grind the cranck ect the motor is 1993 so unable to chip as it has no ecu the new d4d is a complete nightnmare to swap it would be easier to change motors i know anything is possible i was just wondering wether any one had swapped to a different type of motor as old hilux to new hilux engine swaps are not that simple i understand all about wiring looms and engines as i work as a mechanical fitter like i said other 4x4s do have a lot easier ancilleries just asking a question cheers anyway mate