Looking for a new scope

What's it to be used with?

Hawke seem to be hit and miss. I have a Reflex 4-12x50 and it's great, for the money. Have heard good things about the nite-eye but not looked at it myself. Depending on the proposed application there may be better choices to be had...

What's it to be used with?

Hawke seem to be hit and miss. I have a Reflex 4-12x50 and it's great, for the money. Have heard good things about the nite-eye but not looked at it myself. Depending on the proposed application there may be better choices to be had...

My friend had one of these and 6 months later it would not hold accuracy - so his was a miss

I was always told to spend as much on a scope as you would on the rifle - I know, all well and good in these days of recession.

Have you had a look at the MTC range - a little bit more expensive than the one you are asking about, but the optics are very good for that price range. I have a MTC Viper on my Theoben S Type and honestly find it very good with a very useful reticle for hold over. I do have 3 other scopes on other rifles costing over £1000 each, but the viper for the money I find hard to fault.

They sometimes come up for sale on this forum and the BBS forum.

Peter

MTC are OK, I've just got a Falcon Optics 4.5-18x56 which is as good or better than the MTC in terms of optics and repeatability of adjustments. You could try the Falcon 7.5x50 for an air rifle - plenty of magnification for rabbiting at those ranges, mil dot ret, repeatable adjustments and good optics.

MTC are OK, I've just got a Falcon Optics 4.5-18x56 which is as good or better than the MTC in terms of optics and repeatability of adjustments. You could try the Falcon 7.5x50 for an air rifle - plenty of magnification for rabbiting at those ranges, mil dot ret, repeatable adjustments and good optics.

It would appear that the original poster stated he was lookung at a scope with an illuminated reticle - Do the falcons have this facility which the poster would probably need for late evening rabbit shooting?

Peter

my honest opinion the ultimate day night budget scope is the simons wtc range, there not iluminated but there that bright under the lamp you can se the reticle.

i have a 3.5-10x50 new in the box yours for £100, they use to retail at £200+and in my opinion are beter than leupold vxi,vxii and riflemen.

buy a hawke and you wil soon want some thing better, buy a simmons wtc and you will find it hard to buy any thing else unles its the likes of leupold vxiii,zeiss,schmidt&bender,swavski.

read your books and see what the authors use for hunting, i could put a bet they use the wtc.