L200

i own two l200s,an 02 animal and a 05 warrior.i like them but they are really thirsy and are crap off-road.the turning circle is rubbish aswell.

i used to have a discovery,now they really are a good tool but lack the room that the double crew cabs have in the back.ive heard l200 owners claim they have good 4x4s.they dont l200s struggle to get up some steep fells and i wouldnt even try to tackle places we used to take the landrovers up.

still as a "greenlaning" sort of 4x4 with loads of room for dogs and hunting gear the l200 and other pick-ups take some beating.

if i flog mine the engine diagnostic symbol sometimes comes on and cuts the revs out.i just pull over and re-start the engine..............this dosent happen now that ive learnt the motor isnt a landrover :clapper:

some 02 models have a manufacturing fault with the powersteering bracket, i had a letter of mitsubushi calling mine in for a repair free of charge. As for off roading never had a problem with mine gone everwhere i wanted it to go and even towed disco's out of some of the farm's i hunt. Ive had a disco and didn't like them.

Pointer - the engine management light comes on when you boot it uphill?

The fault lies with the air intake temp sensor, older mitsi's & definately Pajero's don't have them.

The ecu just prevents you from over boosting - sort of a limp mode, by turning it off the ecu loses short term fault then everything works again.

Would appear to be a common fault.

• 1 month later...