Rabbits, Squirrels and pigeons...

I am new to this, I have shot a rabbit and cooked it, I enjoyed it greatly.

However I have been out with my dad several times and this was my first.

Has anyone got any tips on making my chances greater?

Pigeons - Are they any good to eat, I remember on river cottage he shot some but I cant remember how he cooked them. Do I need a licence for these or not?

I use NSRA Cal. 5.5mm 1.037grams, are these suitable for them?

Squirrels - Right, i have just been watching Marco's Great British Feast and he was shooting squirrels. I would love to get some of my own and make a nice organic meal for the family as I fish as well. However I feel as if I have hit a wall. Using a firearm in public is an offense and forests are a public place. Yet squirrels live in forests... There must be some sort of legislation to gain before you go round shooting grey squirrels. Does anyone know what it is or how i can get in? I knwo they are officially called a pest/vermin but how can we shoot them if we cant get to them?

Sorry to be a pain, I am new to this and am not sure how to use forums too well...

• 4 months later...
I am new to this, I have shot a rabbit and cooked it, I enjoyed it greatly.

However I have been out with my dad several times and this was my first.

Has anyone got any tips on making my chances greater?

Pigeons - Are they any good to eat, I remember on river cottage he shot some but I cant remember how he cooked them. Do I need a licence for these or not?

I use NSRA Cal. 5.5mm 1.037grams, are these suitable for them?

Squirrels - Right, i have just been watching Marco's Great British Feast and he was shooting squirrels. I would love to get some of my own and make a nice organic meal for the family as I fish as well. However I feel as if I have hit a wall. Using a firearm in public is an offense and forests are a public place. Yet squirrels live in forests... There must be some sort of legislation to gain before you go round shooting grey squirrels. Does anyone know what it is or how i can get in? I knwo they are officially called a pest/vermin but how can we shoot them if we cant get to them?

Sorry to be a pain, I am new to this and am not sure how to use forums too well...

Try this

:)http://www.bobjude.co.uk/recipes/pigeoncass.html :)