EARLIEST FIRST KILL

Guest greengrass123

Guest greengrass123

Took my dogs out for a walk today, my saluki whippet pushed a rabbit out of a cornfield 10 yards in front of me, had my lurcher pup with me, and she took off after it, had about a 40 yard run and got to within a foot of catching before it made cover surprised me as its the first rabbit shes seen, considering shes a week short of five months not a bad effort. Now i would never dream of entering a dog at that tender age. Whats the youngest youve ever known a dog to make its first kill , honest replies please. :icon_eek:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A full grown rabbit on its home ground versus a three month old gangly pup :hmm:

thats correct yea and killing hares single handed at 7 iv nowt to prove by lying have i to take it if your dogs cant do it no one elses can i dint say she killed all time at that age i said it was a one off you knowlike when your dogs get sumat its a one off :tongue2:

A full grown rabbit on its home ground versus a three month old gangly pup :hmm:

thats correct yea and killing hares single handed at 7 iv nowt to prove by lying have i to take it if your dogs cant do it no one elses can i dint say she killed all time at that age i said it was a one off you knowlike when your dogs get sumat its a one off :tongue2:

Never said that paul,but I have taken one or two rabbits in my time,often taken a few hundred in a week,so thats quite a few one off's eh?But a 3 month old pup running a grown rabbit on its own ground?I would like to see it :whistling:

Never said that paul,but I have taken one or two rabbits in my time,often taken a few hundred in a week,so thats quite a few one off's eh?But a 3 month old pup running a grown rabbit on its own ground?I would like to see it :whistling:

trust me mate it happened the rabbit burnt out very quickly could of been lame bu it made the dash she has always been a good bitch for me and i swear to you its the truth early i no but it happened in front of other dog men si green tommy tailor an a couple more

Guest smashygadge
first lamped rabbit 6 month i did rush him.i was new to game but 15month now and a good one :thumbs:

that dog is the spit of my first ever bitch a 3/4 greyhound bedlington what a looker she got ran over was gutted good luck wi him pal :victory:

sorry to here that must be a sad thing to loose a dog like that.

and mine is collie grey bull whip x hancock beardie collie grey wouldnt no too much regards percentages as i said only been in game since getting the dog .but he is out of good coursing dogs and thanks :thumbs: