Kemmer Mt. Cur

Super is just a week over 11 months, in the last few weeks I haven’t done much with him but he got a work out today. Grill {lurcher} Super and my self hiked 4-5 miles in to a nice piece of woods. On a logging trail I found a nice track but I didn’t have a $20 with me but it was pretty big. Super took that track off the trail into a swamp below me then came out heading back towards me crossed the trail and started up a bolder strewn hill to my right, I looked past him to see where he was going and a bear I guessed around 300lbs. sat on top of a big rock watching the cur coming towards her. At this point he never opened his mouth on track and I also realized he was walking right into the bear, I called to him and two cubs took off. I sent my lurcher and this was too much for the sow and she bolted. Super saw this and took off, and the bear Super with Grill crested hill out of my sight and all hell broke loose I could here the bear, Grill and Super making some music as I got almost to the top expecting to just pick up my collars and go home lol. I watched the bear tree with super on her ass. Took some pics, walked him off 100 yards. I let the bear down and get about a 30 second head start and treed her in short order, petted him up and took his tired ass home.

post-20052-1215817050.jpg

post-20052-1215817066.jpg

post-20052-1215817079.jpg

post-20052-1215817108.jpg

post-20052-1215817138.jpg

post-20052-1215817156.jpg

post-20052-1215817179.jpg

Super is just a week over 11 months, in the last few weeks I haven’t done much with him but he got a work out today. Grill {lurcher} Super and my self hiked 4-5 miles in to a nice piece of woods. On a logging trail I found a nice track but I didn’t have a $20 with me but it was pretty big. Super took that track off the trail into a swamp below me then came out heading back towards me crossed the trail and started up a bolder strewn hill to my right, I looked past him to see where he was going and a bear I guessed around 300lbs. sat on top of a big rock watching the cur coming towards her. At this point he never opened his mouth on track and I also realized he was walking right into the bear, I called to him and two cubs took off. I sent my lurcher and this was too much for the sow and she bolted. Super saw this and took off, and the bear Super with Grill crested hill out of my sight and all hell broke loose I could here the bear, Grill and Super making some music as I got almost to the top expecting to just pick up my collars and go home lol. I watched the bear tree with super on her ass. Took some pics, walked him off 100 yards. I let the bear down and get about a 30 second head start and treed her in short order, petted him up and took his tired ass home.

We dont get upto anything as exciting as that but could you tell me about that collar on the dog.Is it to track him at range? How far does it go and what are they called? Thanks

There are 2 collars on the dog. The front one,black is a tri tronics trash breaker 4 dog system. It used to shock the dog if he's running game other than he's bred to do. The second yellow collar is a tracking collar from Wildlife Materials its used to track the dog up to 10-20 miles depending on conditions.