Farmers Markets - selling jellies & syrups

For a few years i have been making wild fruit jellies, jams and syrups (mainly rosehip). To give away to friends and for our own use.

Anyway a few friends have said that i should be doing farmers markets with them as they are quite good and unusual. The estate has given me the good ahead and im currently in the middle of doing the cooksafe haccp forms so the Environmental Health can come and inspect the kitchen.

The jellies i make are mainly for accomliments to game/meat ie hawthorn jelly, rowan, crab apple. But some of them are sweet enough for toast etc. And the rosehip syrup is the business for pancakes.

Ive not seen anyone doing this before (mainly sweet jams on the markets ive been to)

Can i ask you guys, do you reckon there is a market for it or should i stick to just using jellies as gifts?

A little market reasearch!!! :whistling:lol .

Thanks

I would think it might be quite difficult to sell on a regular basis owing to the nature of the product but ultimately it comes down to basic economics. If you don't have to commit to booking a pitch long term then i don't see why you shouldn't give it a go, if you didn't want to do that at first you could always try & give/sell a few jars to butchers & the like that have stalls.

If things aren't going to well get a few friends to be a fake production team & make out you are being filmed for tv, you're sell out in double quick time :laugh:

Our local farmers market, sell osterich meat, feather dusters from the osterich, burgers which they cook on a griddle and always have a que. Also the same for venison. There is also a man that sells meat pies cooked and uncooked most of which are game when in season, I would think they would sell very well moreso in the autumn winter.

Have a go. whats there to lose. GOOD LUCK!