ULTIMATE DRAW DOGS

a wheaton buy far no messing about as for a lurcher it was a wheaton greyhound.

Have to agree with you mate , me mate has a 1/2 bred to 1/2 bred wheaton greyhound , and is some dog for drawing and i have a 3/4 grey 1/4 wheaton and she is turning out great ,, Cheers Sniper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a wheaton buy far no messing about as for a lurcher it was a wheaton greyhound.

Have to agree with you mate , me mate has a 1/2 bred to 1/2 bred wheaton greyhound , and is some dog for drawing and i have a 3/4 grey 1/4 wheaton and she is turning out great ,, Cheers Sniper

Totally agree Full wheaton are wheaton x ....

:thumbs:

anyone working terriers shouldnt need a draw dog at the end of a dig pre ban or what.if you cant handle the quarry live then you shouldnt own terriers..my personal opinion any way..

on some digs you will not need a draw dog.but you will get alot of digs when you will very handy in deep digs when the game has pushed on a bit and dosent want to come out try put your hand in their mate youl be comen out with a crunched up hand.be realistic course you need a draw dog when diging.

Complete rubbish.

anyone working terriers shouldnt need a draw dog at the end of a dig pre ban or what.if you cant handle the quarry live then you shouldnt own terriers..my personal opinion any way..

on some digs you will not need a draw dog.but you will get alot of digs when you will very handy in deep digs when the game has pushed on a bit and dosent want to come out try put your hand in their mate youl be comen out with a crunched up hand.be realistic course you need a draw dog when diging.

Complete rubbish.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Bull x greyhound seen quite a few they have the size weight and gameness to get the job done.Right or wrong I always liked to have a bullx on a dig versatile enough to stop bolters and mark occupied earths and to be honest they would make the diggers lives and the terriers lives a lot easier at the end of a dig.To me they were another asset to the digging team politics and laws come and go but like others who have answered this thread my appreciation for game dogs is here for good. We all know its the terrier who is the star of the show and that is only right and its only right to make his or her life to ground as succesfull as possable imho a draw dog adds to that success.I wonder sometimes if those who are so against the use of the strong dogs have ever seen a good one work.

Bull x greyhound seen quite a few they have the size weight and gameness to get the job done.Right or wrong I always liked to have a bullx on a dig versatile enough to stop bolters and mark occupied earths and to be honest they would make the diggers lives and the terriers lives a lot easier at the end of a dig.To me they were another asset to the digging team politics and laws come and go but like others who have answered this thread my appreciation for game dogs is here for good. We all know its the terrier who is the star of the show and that is only right and its only right to make his or her life to ground as succesfull as possable imho a draw dog adds to that success.I wonder sometimes if those who are so against the use of the strong dogs have ever seen a good one work.

Lurchers are game dogs? Thats news to me.

Aren't lurchers a cross with a greyhound and something else. So to get a game dog you put cur in the mix ie. greyhound.

Guest ripstop

I never get involved as i have my own views, a lurcher can draw if willing, but GAME DOGS as Neil says and i add NO GREYHOUND in the mix are in a league of their own, bet there game dogs in everyones mind but the truth is they are just Bull or Wheaton Xs who will do it, but not TRUE GAME DOGS.

seen a few good bull crosses over last ten year or so, also wheaton xs, they can help howard in some situations that said dug for twenty year with no draw dog in sight , and let alot of game go unharmed if in right area when poss , any good dog man has respect for a game drawing dog but not all keep or use them , think there more widely used these days , :thumbs: