The things you see when

Hi Folks,

coming down the A1 today & guess what I passed???

A blooming Suzuki Jimny with

>

>

>

>

>

A LIFT KIT :icon_eek:

&

A WINCH :icon_eek:

WTF!!!

Mind you, the lift kit & bigger wheels & tyres reduced it's top end to 60mph :clapper:

You are right jimjim, the Jimny is VERY capable off road. They are only a 1300 engine, so towing a horse box or something is out of the question, and they are quite small inside. However, if you don't need lots of room, but do need to go off road then they are just the job.

I have a later model with the VVT engine, and they don't hang about, being happy enough to cruise at 80 mph as long as you want. The fuel consumption is crap at that sort of speed though. The LJ is well obsolete now, and was replace in 1984 by the SJ410, that was a capable little beast but it's 970cc engine was a bit short of puff. The SJ413 and later Samurai were better all rounders. The Jimny is the only small 4x4 that Suzuki produce now, apart from the hatchback SX4 which has a 4grip version.

Hi Folks,

>

>

>

>

>

&

WTF!!!

There are 2 round here like thay. The guy does really well in off road trails. Mine, standard apart from cross tyres, goes anywhere a landy goes other than massive rock piles. Cheers, D.

Mind you, the lift kit & bigger wheels & tyres reduced it's top end to 60mph :clapper:

Hi Folks,

>

>

>

>

>

&

WTF!!!

Can get him up to 90 with a tail wind and a steep hill!

The 410's are extremely capable, friend of mine has a couple & they definately go anywhere that ALL other 4x4's cannot go.

Until they pop the rear mount on the transfer box that is!!

My sister has a brand new Jimmny and hates it on road but because of where she lives needs its off road capabilities and she loves it off road!

I'm not keen on it but i've not travelled in it.

My present girlfriend has a brand new one,ive used it going through muddy fields and all sorts,the lack of space in the back may mean its not ideal as a passion wagon :whistling: ,but we took it on a proper 4x4 of road course and it flew round compared to the bigger 4x4's.

Much better off road than my new Grand Vitara.It was 4x4 of the year a couple of years ago.

Dexter...

Edited by Dexter...