What were they

gnasher16

My apologies to you knowledgable folk who will see this as a dumb question but if you dont know i guess the only way is to ask.....

I had to drive to a small village called ickford close to aylesbury,bucks yesterday.....just as i was coming off the m40 i noticed what i first thought was a group of kestrels hovvering.....all the way through to the village i saw more little groups of 10- 15 of them,i pulled over to watch them for a while and realised they were way too big to be kestrels....they were fairly large powerful birds....having very little knowledge,but a little interest in falconry....i thought id ask on here.....any ideas what they may have been ?...apologies again if its a dumbells question !

My apologies to you knowledgable folk who will see this as a dumb question but if you dont know i guess the only way is to ask.....

I had to drive to a small village called ickford close to aylesbury,bucks yesterday.....just as i was coming off the m40 i noticed what i first thought was a group of kestrels hovvering.....all the way through to the village i saw more little groups of 10- 15 of them,i pulled over to watch them for a while and realised they were way too big to be kestrels....they were fairly large powerful birds....having very little knowledge,but a little interest in falconry....i thought id ask on here.....any ideas what they may have been ?...apologies again if its a dumbells question !

Buzzards...........?