Crows causing havok in the western isles

We get a power cut every night at 11pm!

It started on monday night, I was in the shower all lathered up when bang, off goes the power, great timing huh, tried to get rinsed off with the cold tap BRRRRRRR, anyway power comes back on and burns me arse with the hot shower still switched on, I am not a happy chap! This has gone on all week now same time every night. (not the showering bit, the power cut bit)

Any way last night I was doing something on the computer never thought about the time, 11pm off it goes ... GRRRRRRR, so I phones up Scottish hydro and after a fifteen min wait I get this nice lady answer and says straight away "I know your power keeps going off at 11pm then comes back on again" shes good and has the answer before I even get a word out, I get to asking why its happening and she says its crows on the lines ... what ??? Apparently they are nesting on the poles supplying our power, some poor bloke is out there all day spotting where they are and at 11pm waiting with a pole, electrickery goes off an he pushes them out of their nests. I had to laugh, I have heard some things in my time but this takes the cake. I points out that I am a responsable shooter and if they have a problem I may be able to help them out with these pesky crows, the woman then points out it would be too dangerous to shoot them near over head power lines ?? So this poor bloke is just going to have to keep on pushing their nest apart with a long pole until they stop nesting and this is safer than shooting them???

I Have to hand it to scottish hydro electric for giving me a laugh, I am going out with the camera tonight to see if I can get a pic of this poor bloke pushing crows out of their nests at 11pm, you couldn't make this up could ya :rofl:

:clapper::clapper: you would think useing a pole near power lines would be well more dangerous but id say hes highly trianed itneat breaking with a pole! :clapper:

I would have thought shooting a lot less hassle and safer, the whole west side of the island goes out so this guy can prod their nests, crazy eh an like I say you cant make this shit up.

Am just going to see if I can get a pic of this bloke trying to poke a nest or three hehe :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrr you dont realise how much i hate crows!

Do ya know the feeling is begining to be mutual, we just not planning to do anything at 11pm.

I am thinking that 11pm is the time its just starting to get dark here and thats why they choose this time!!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE.

The power cuts have stopped, it was in the local paper too that it was just one crow, it had been building its nest from bits of barbed wire which is why they had to shut the power off to remove it.

Now if I had had a say in the matter, I would have let it carry on until it had blown its self up, hey presto intant BBQ crow. Would have been a right laugh to see it go bang, but alas I wont get the chance now.

I guess this topic is closed now then!