Thunderstorm

Guest JohnGalway

Guest JohnGalway

Just listening to the one going on here at the moment. I love this! All the rumbles and booming. Mind you our dog isn't a fan. It's been awful muggy today, I hope this sorts it out :yes: Unplugged the computer from the mains just incase :clapper:

Best thunderstorm ever was in Budapest. We were staying in a four storey apartment building, storm rolled right over us. The thunder shook the entire building, not the windows but the building itself. Now that's a proper storm!

you can have my share of it!!!!! i'll go hide under the bed with the dog!!!

the worst storm (well excluding the ones with tornado warnings) was last summer. this storm sprang from no where and i kid you not, lightening was striking every four seconds. i counted!! and no sooner did it strike than there was a crash of thunder. like STRIKEBOOM!!!STRIKEBOOM!!! and it lasted a good twenty minutes it seemed. i had never experienced a storm like that in all my life......

the only one that competes with that was this past winter when a severe line of storms came through at night (common) i had the tv on the weather channel to keep track of any recent warnings. that storm was throwing off twisters all over the region. i glanced up at the screen at one point and saw the symbol for Tornado Touchdown right over my town... and then the power went out!!!

my husband was out on the porch when it happened.... he said he could hear something big off in the distance - it was dead calm around us -

found out the next day that a tornado touched down on the interstate, picked up a semitruck and threw it into the woods. driver was ok, but quite rattled as a result......

what can you do though? no matter where you live there will some sort of disaster...

tame storms are fine and dandy lol

but i live on the tail end of tornado alley. if thunder wakes me up in the middle of the night i rush to find out if its a normal storm or one i need to prepare for. never know when you should run for cover. tornadoes dont sleep!