Can you help, ferretet in Wilshire please

I want to see if I could manage to ever work my ferrets, but don't have anyone to go out and learn from. The main thing I worry about is the kill, would I be able to cope with it. As an animal lover and knowing that rabbit can scream rather horribly I beleive this just maybe to much. But as a realist and knowing that ferreting is the best form of controling rabbit and the fact that somewhere in my heart there's a hunter, I oviously need to try before I say NO WAY.

Is there anyone in the south wiltshire area that would be willing or knows someone willing to take a complete novic and her boyfriend out, and show them whats what. Maybe even try one of our ferrets out.

thanks

Edited by canis lupus

pity you're not a bit closer to me! dont worry too much about the rabbit screaming,if your quick to get to the net and dispatch the bunny(first attempt!) it shouldnt even happen. :thumbs:

I want to see if I could manage to ever work my ferrets, but don't have anyone to go out and learn from. The main thing I worry about is the kill, would I be able to cope with it. As an animal lover and knowing that rabbit can scream rather horribly I beleive this just maybe to much. But as a realist and knowing that ferreting is the best form of controling rabbit and the fact that somewhere in my heart there's a hunter, I oviously need to try before I say NO WAY.

Is there anyone in the south wiltshire area that would be willing or knows someone willing to take a complete novic and her boyfriend out, and show them whats what. Maybe even try one of our ferrets out.

thanks

Gordon Bennett, it reminds me of that book, "The Sett" by Ranulph Fiennes. lol, stop at home everyone, its more than your life's worth!