Electronic Poulry dispatcher!

We are looking into investing in a humane electronic dispathcher, have tried the manual ones but find them messy and not all ways humane.

Have searched the net but get bored of adds for ebay etc, does anyone know of any where to purchase one cheaply?

We have seen several but think the one with two electrodes applied to both sides of the head rather than the spike version would suit us best, if not too expensive!

Thanks in advance :D

Get down to the local hardware and look for an item called an axe.

Tried the manual methods like I say, got axes too to get the rayburn going.

When you have looked after the chickens for so long its only fair to dispatch them humanely with out mess or fuss especialy when showing the kids where dinner is coming from!

Sorry mate, no straight up though, an axe is far more humane than electrocution.

I have used this method a lot in the past mainly with geese and turkeys as they have thick necks, we only keep chickens now and I can do it by hand, the main point of getting one is so the kids can have more involvment in the whole process, axe and shooting is messy and probably put them off and give them nightmares.

No worries though mate I should have explained a bit better to start with huh.

It never gave me nightmares when my old man first taught me to neck chickens,

necking them is the most humane way of dispatching them,you can feel the neck go.

and its loads cheaper than buying a stunner that your only going to use now and again.

cheers Millie.

necking them is the most humane way of dispatching them,you can feel the neck go.

and its loads cheaper than buying a stunner that your only going to use now and again.

cheers Millie.

Would be a hell of a lot more than "now and again" hard for a six year old to wring a chicken neck too! Still gives me nightmares aswell, guess we are all different after all :D

Thing is I am not asking how to dispatch chickens, I have been dispatching various poultry for over 30 years, I've even done cows, sheep, horses, I even got to do a donkey once, the only thing I have never killed is a pig I think! I have never been squeemish about killing any thing, I'm not so sick as to say I enjoy it but its got to be done or I turn veggie and I cant see that happening.

Got a stunner from burgess years ago know had probs with the two pads making contact and ended up wetting each turkeys head.

Watch out for killer bruises on there breast too many volts !

Mate, I have to ask, do you realise this is a hunting forum?

Electrifiying a chook rather than necking it, c'mon.

If you get nightmares from this type of thing, how do you manage to hunt game.

cheers Millie.

Would be a hell of a lot more than "now and again" hard for a six year old to wring a chicken neck too! Still gives me nightmares aswell, guess we are all different after all :D

Thing is I am not asking how to dispatch chickens, I have been dispatching various poultry for over 30 years, I've even done cows, sheep, horses, I even got to do a donkey once, the only thing I have never killed is a pig I think! I have never been squeemish about killing any thing, I'm not so sick as to say I enjoy it but its got to be done or I turn veggie and I cant see that happening.

Mate, I have to ask, do you realise this is a hunting forum?

Electrifiying a chook rather than necking it, c'mon.

If you get nightmares from this type of thing, how do you manage to hunt game.

Can ya read ?