ere this pigeons dead!

Bobba you do have a point there.

But its the same with anything really.

Take ferreting for example,If the rabbit gets killed underground the rabbit will suffer a little but all field sports man try there best to keep this to a absolute minimum.

Its a legal thing that fish has done so if we cant talk about preban storys (genuine preban) of fear that anti's will think we are still doing preban stuff, Or legal stuff why is the forum running ?. might as well shut it and re open it as a general rural folk forum or the like.

Bobba you do have a point there.

But its the same with anything really.

Take ferreting for example,If the rabbit gets killed underground the rabbit will suffer a little but all field sports man try there best to keep this to a absolute minimum.

Its a legal thing that fish has done so if we cant talk about preban storys (genuine preban) of fear that anti's will think we are still doing preban stuff, Or legal stuff why is the forum running ?. might as well shut it and re open it as a general rural folk forum or the like.

Indeed!!

Anyone can argue that this whole website is ammunition for anti's all over the world and shut everything down. If fish is there to do a job and its legal then fair play to him.

I'm certainly not going to stop doing something just because someone else doesn't like it, however I do take into consideration the reactions people might give by doing something. As the old saying goes, for every action there is always a consequence. Fish's action, i believe has nothing to do with any anti's, so consequently, their opinions cut no ice with me.

H

the gun is my trusty BSA lightening cammoed with mossey oak gaffa tape! the super 10 is broke,cant afford to shake the gunsmiths hand let alone get work done,so ime stuck with a non working gun that i owe £300.00 for!

There certainly is mate.

Looks like you've done a great job mate! well done! 40ft seems like an impressive range! Big Kudos! :clapper:

I had some pigeons for my tea yesterday with my rabbit i shot. Very tasty!

What springer have you got? I noticed you said you miss your super ten. I've recently bought one, and love it! What happened to yours?

oh and for those like Bobba..I've seen pigeons shot in the head before that fly for about 30-40ft before the nerves stop working and they drop dead....everyones a critic nowadays!

Nice shootin fish...keep it up! :thumbs:

I'm not a moaner. Nor, after over 40yrs of shooting, currently with access to 5 farms, am I an armchair shooter. And I am not going to waste my time exchanging moronic insults

BUT.......What concerns me greatly and should be of concern to all of us is posts which imply that we are not responsible in our approach and attitude to our sport. You seem unable to see that this does nothing but feed the anti airgun lobby which, if you keep your eyes on the press, is increasing. Certainly the Scottish Parliament wish to ban airguns in Scotland. And the press are fed by mindless morons who shoot at cats from bedroom windows and we all get branded as being the same. If Airguns are banned then we all suffer.

The airgun bbs forum was recentl wrongly descibed by one scumbag reporter as a forum on which poachers exchanged ideas on the black art of poaching including venues and hot spots. The forum is very much not as described. Despite massive emailing there was never an appropriate apology.

The pigeon post (sic) could be deliberately mis-interpreted by the anti airgun lobby as "I couldn't see the target clearly through the branches of a tree but I shot it anyway. I wounded it and it flew off. If it hadn't been for the fence it would have got clean away with a pellet in it" The anti's would say that the original post boasted of his prowess and a critic was panned by others who thought shooting the pigeon in such circumstances was acceptable.

If you wish to feed the ant-gun lobby you are doing none of us any favours.

Well said Sir, common sense at its best.