Hatching Eggs & Raising Chicks Forum

Guest world.hunters

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Practical Poultry Forum. Google it.

But they're largely a bunch of 'Nice Jumper' wearing idiots who call their fowls " Girls ".

Ye've been warned .....

This forum has a bit of info WH. If you're running a Incubator don't add any water to it, the Humidity in this country is plenty! just run it dry even if its forced air. you will need to add water to your Hatcher at the pip stage when you move them across just to stop alot of the chicks from sticking :thumbs:...

Jasper http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/241...tion-of-poultry

Cheers lads some good help there :good::good:

any chances of other peoples set ups just out of intrest pm me if you like.

W.h

maybe you could try posting here as some of us breed fowl and have quite a lot of experinece. That said....im having probs with all my quail babies going bald :icon_eek: anyone any ideas??

any chances of other peoples set ups just out of intrest pm me if you like.

W.h

The Incubator I use is a Grumbach and swear by it. for some reason alot of people can't get on with them but I think its down to them more than the Incubator, I have tried a good few in the past and some fuctuate a fair bit when the Room temperature rises or drops! this has to be poor insulation on the Incubator to cause the Internal temperature to alter....

Obviousley the ideal situation is to have a good stable room that holds a fairly even temperature! the problem is most rooms even without windows will cool in the evenings in the summer Months which can effect some Incubators which will then need tweaking, you could compensate for it by useing heaters in the evening but then there is all sorts of things that can happen like altering the Humidity of the room...

This Grumbach is in a room that does rise up and down in Temperature but it holds accurate + / - .1 of a degree which ever way the external room temperature turns...

The Incubator room is a mess as I throw everything all over the place this time of the year :whistling:, The eggs also lays on Rollers as you can see in the other pic....

post-251-1207860093_thumb.jpg

post-251-1207860424_thumb.jpg