Guest smashygadge

i do collie grey but use a straight grey on good ground only due to injurys collie greys will cope with any if most ground.id take a look at that little collie grey whippet in the for sale section that will make a nice lamping dog and a quick one at that :thumbs:

I'm thinking about getting into lamping and getting into hunting with dogs, and would just like to know what type of dog you would recommend me getting i.e. whippetXgreyhound or any other breeding line.

Scotty :boxing::big_boss::gunsmilie:

i must have seen about 10 threads now with people asking the same question.....have a look about at the other threads they will help

I'm thinking about getting into lamping and getting into hunting with dogs, and would just like to know what type of dog you would recommend me getting i.e. whippetXgreyhound or any other breeding line.

Scotty :boxing::big_boss::gunsmilie:

I've said it before, but personally I woudn't use a whippet cross for lamping. (See my posts)

We used whippet crosses years ago, (mainly because there wasn't much else at the time) and they were always getting injured one way or another.

Since the only thing you can legally hunt with dogs is rabbits and rats in this country, I'd use collie lurcher, preferably with a dash of saluki. Otherwise I'd go for a bull cross.