Anyone would think that badgers were rare from that bbc report...then the bbc reporter says theres just a million :laugh: he then go's on too use the term "eradicated" :doh: A cull is a cull, and simply reduces numbers to a manageable level...why they can't just accept the results from Ireland with regard to TB i just don't know :angry: All problematic animals/birds and a fair few humans should be culled :yes: and with a million badgers there's plenty to go at. They should start with those making the peoples lives a misery in the EDRD article...Badgers in their garden FFS :no: What on earth are the powers that be going to do...let the population/sett grow and spread to other peoples gardens...they're out of their tiny blinkered minds :wallbash:

Guest lurchers&terriers

Just because there maybe a cull dont mean we will be allowed to hunt them. The strict laws will still be in place. Its just going to be some dick heads going about trapping them or gassing them or something.

They have decided on a pilot cull it seems to see if its effective. I hope it will be fairly easy for farmers to have some badgers taken from their land, a few of the farms which make up my shoot have failed the TB test this year for the first time, and i have seen an increase when im lamping, i wouldnt want to come a across a wounded one, take your bloody arm off!

ss06

Guest little_lloyd

Add the buggers to the quarry list !!!!

Why there protected i do not know?? Theres f**k loads of them and they cause havoc,, Must be a black & white thing ey!!

Guest dog on
Just because there maybe a cull dont mean we will be allowed to hunt them. The strict laws will still be in place. Its just going to be some dick heads going about trapping them or gassing them or something.
the gasing has been going on for the past 2 years they are probibly trying to cover their backs by announcing that they are thinking of doing it now
the gasing has been going on for the past 2 years they are probibly trying to cover their backs by announcing that they are thinking of doing it now

Dog On you are spot on mate. :victory:

If they have been culled for at least two years maybe more why is the TB rate still going up in the cattle?.There are loads of badgers where I live but no TB in our county, I know there is badgers in France , have they got TB ? do other animals carry it?

Guest dog on

If they have been culled for at least two years maybe more why is the TB rate still going up in the cattle?.There are loads of badgers where I live but no TB in our county, I know there is badgers in France , have they got TB ? do other animals carry it?

the gassing has been going on for the last 2 years in certain areas as tests to see the results befor they announce that they are going to do it .i dont know why TB has gone up in cattle .dont know about france either.but deer carry TB as well. the badgers in your area probibly have not been in contact with TB Edited by dog on
In relation to TB, if there's no TB in your area it'd be very foolish to have a badger cull.

They should be culled everywhere and anywhere John ;)

Nah, whats the point?

It'll just upset the tree (and badger!) huggers!

Anyway, if they're doing no harm..as part of an ecosystem, why bother!!

Mike.

Guest little_lloyd
In relation to TB, if there's no TB in your area it'd be very foolish to have a badger cull.

They should be culled everywhere and anywhere John ;)

Nah, whats the point?

It'll just upset the tree (and badger!) huggers!

Anyway, if they're doing no harm..as part of an ecosystem, why bother!!

Mike.

Is it beacuse they are black and white,, fluffy and lovely there all special and protected?? If the badger huggers carnt tell me and the hunting life cant tell ,me why they are so special,, god only knows!!

Theres millions of them they cause f*****g havoc everywhere they go and should be kept at a contollible level.