bsa lightning how loud

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Mark; The Lightening's no louder than any other springer. Probably quieter than a good few.

Men have hunted rabbits with springers for generations now. If it didn't work, people wouldn't have kept doing it.

Yes, gas charged rifles sound like a match stick breaking. Springers sound like a hand clap. But that never stopped anyone. Don't believe All the hype, mate ;)

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Lightning will outshoot most folk - lovely little gun.

Couldn't have put it better. Sums the gun up :)

I'm not ever sure what a Gas Ram is. But do be aware that, if ye do anything to it and that knocks it over the legal power limit, they'll find out and ye'll be finished.

I bought a Lightning after having a shot with someone elses. I was well impressed with the low report. In hindsight, I reckon it must have had a gas ram fitted.

My Lightning was never as quiet, even when Sandwell Fieldsports had tweaked it. I was always a little dissapointed with it, especially with such a big can on the front. I would think you would be better going for the Air Arms if you can stretch to it.

The gun was more than accurate enough, but I always struggled with the small dimensions of the stock. The silencer had a habit of working itself loose after a few shots as well, although I sorted this out with some loctite. I also had a 2 stage trigger fitted, but I believe they now come with one as standard.

The gun sells very well, so plenty of others must be happy with it!

Novice

Gas rams

They were around £60 a few years ago.

Most of the noise from a springer that you hear is from the piston, cos you're so close to it. I've never tried it, but stand 20-30 yards away and get a friend to shoot it to get a true indication of how it'll sound to a rabbit.

still think the pellet hitting the head is louder though!!

I use a gas ram in the webley exocet, from the shooting position there is still quite a thunk. Swapped with a mate for a few minutes and his bsa springer was really loud in comparison. When he shot my gun next to me it was less than half the volume. I have been thoroughly impressed with the ram. If you are shooting .22, do not buy a .177 ram as this will take you well over 12ftlb though.

Good luck.

H