DEAD SHEEP

I dont doubt you guys, ive also seen the big black cat and no before you ask i wasnt on any funny substances.

It wasnt out hunting it was whilst fishing on a lake on the Devon/Somerset border. It wasnt the first time neither a few weeks before it

also got spotted in the exact same location by another angler, The lake i fished was right next to a fair sized pheasnt pen and a seperate

lake for breeding ducks. But when you think about it its a purrrrfect place for the big cat with plenty water supply with birds and fish for food.

Truthful that aswell.

Edited by AIRGUNNER

The big cat story :hmm: well me ferreting & lamping partner has warned me of such a beast on our shoot...in the summer months he camps out up there while i prefer me creature comforts.The tale he told me of the big cat chasing him across a field whilst lamping by himself with airgun.I meself in the 5yrs of shooting at all godforsaken hours on our land i,ve never encountered anything apart from sheep,cattle & aggresive geese!!He,s a sound lad but it may be a case of too much :drag: :drinks: however i may encounter the beast 1 day :icon_eek::hunter:

• 2 weeks later...
you may all take the lag but me and my pal did see a big cat no more than 50 yards away a few year back but this was 20 mile away.

i was guttin a rabbit at the top of a wood valley when the whipered conversation went something like this...

"psst pssssst"

"wat"

"mike wat the :censored: is that"

" :censored::censored: dont move"

the cat or dark coloured beast or whatever it was, worked its way up the bank 50-80 yrds away sniffing and looking at us. forgot to say that stubby was holding a .22 97karbine and i had a 2inch penknife

"dont you :censored: dare stubby!!!" - not just cos he couldnt hit a cows arse

at that point we legged it leaving the gun (am sure he ran first but he still wont admit it lol).

3 of us went back the next day with 2 bull crosses and a machette but nothing but a airgun n no rabbit to be seen.

the dogs wernt even that keen, probably cos theyd never scented it before?

where do these cats sleep??

we seen the beast at dusk in summer, are they night hunters?

anyone actualy tried to catch one?

ROFL! you gotta watch out for them croglin werewolves in cumbria!!LOL

Mate of mine swears blind he was chased by something that resembled a werewolf when he was out working the dogs at Scarrowmanick near Croglin a few years back. Me thinks he'd been on the wacky backy :11: but he has never been out there since & it was one of his favourite spots.

I thought it would of been all the old ewes that didnt make it through lambing but if it was rams then the farmer is dumping dead stock

i would say this is a more likely answer,.

some farmers would dump dead stock as there is no cost.

seen a place just like this near us, small wood with about a dozen

or so dead sheep

we told the farmer but he just told us not

to worry.. :blink:

I'm a sheep farmer, and that f*****g situation doesn't sound good any which way you look at it. I won't jump to conclusions about how they died or why they're there but I wouldn't have it on my farm.

sounds like an above ground burial pit.....i know lots of farmers who do that rather than pay for the hunt or the knackerman :whistling:

I thought it would of been all the old ewes that didnt make it through lambing but if it was rams then the farmer is dumping dead stock

i would say this is a more likely answer,.

some farmers would dump dead stock as there is no cost.

seen a place just like this near us, small wood with about a dozen

or so dead sheep

we told the farmer but he just told us not

to worry.. :blink:

would tend do agree with the both of you...... asked a farmer about this and got the answer that rams are

a "problem" and so get culled. apparently he does it as well :icon_eek: doesn't dump above ground though

Haha the Croglin Vampires aswel! For the amount of fields,woods,hills and the like in Cumbria there is very few Big Cat sightings.

i deffo think that its a lazy farmer.

i went back the other day without the terrier to have a good spy around and theres nothing but fox/terrier (cant tell the differnce realy :icon_redface: ) prints any where to be found, nothing even lurcher size.

i got meself all exited n started askin round bout big cats.... thes a lot of people whos seen stuff round carlisle area!!!

plus thes a lad (wont mention his name) whos devoted to catching a big cat. hes got his own pack of hounds trained for the job.

if A.M. is on this site or anyone knows him.... hows he getting on with catching 1????

Edited by digga

Ive known farmers dump sheep in woods, some do it to avoid the paperwork, and charges that they get when one dies and has to be collected. Others, usually hunt supporters, put them in woods to attract foxes in to hunt.

How do you know that most were males??

Edited by dogs-n-natives

i deffo think that its a lazy farmer.

i went back the other day without the terrier to have a good spy around and theres nothing but fox/terrier (cant tell the differnce realy :icon_redface: ) prints any where to be found, nothing even lurcher size.

i got meself all exited n started askin round bout big cats.... thes a lot of people whos seen stuff round carlisle area!!!

plus thes a lad (wont mention his name) whos devoted to catching a big cat. hes got his own pack of hounds trained for the job.

if A.M. is on this site or anyone knows him.... hows he getting on with catching 1????

Now you've got me interested , if you hear out mate drop me a PM! Kinda dogs is he using?? Whereabouts round here? Lol might go for a ratch.