Pup won't eat!!

Iv'e got a 14 week old pup! When I first had him he eat like a horse!! Was unbelivable!!

But....Ever since his second jab he became picky and would eat 2 or 3 mouth fulls then stopped eating alltogether!! I kept him on the same food placing it in front of him twice a day for 10 mins then pulling it away untill he got to skinny and then started free feeding him biscuit and offering him meat! He started to eat a little bit since free feeding him but it comes out like water!! I took him to the whitecoats and they gave him a blood test for a liver shunt but came out ok. They want me to go back with a dioreah sample to test for salmonela and other bugs.

I thought I'd come on here to ask the opinion of you guys first before making an appointment.

Cheers guys!! :thumbs:

Iv'e got a 14 week old pup! When I first had him he eat like a horse!! Was unbelivable!!

But....Ever since his second jab he became picky and would eat 2 or 3 mouth fulls then stopped eating alltogether!! I kept him on the same food placing it in front of him twice a day for 10 mins then pulling it away untill he got to skinny and then started free feeding him biscuit and offering him meat! He started to eat a little bit since free feeding him but it comes out like water!! I took him to the whitecoats and they gave him a blood test for a liver shunt but came out ok. They want me to go back with a dioreah sample to test for salmonela and other bugs.

I thought I'd come on here to ask the opinion of you guys first before making an appointment.

my mates pup was the same wouldnt eat went thin took him to the vets had an xray he had swallowed a couple of large stones he had to have an op to remove them, ok now.

my mates pup was the same wouldnt eat went thin took him to the vets had an xray he had swallowed a couple of large stones he had to have an op to remove them, ok now.

Christ that could be a option theres cotswolds in the garden! :thumbs:

Christ that could be a option theres cotswolds in the garden! :thumbs:

my pup is 5 months old and chews on anything, got him some bones ok for a bit then he chewed the dog run the kennals the other dogs, until one of them got him by the throat, what i am saying is that pups will pick up and sometimes eat any thing.

as socks says the worst thing in pups is dehydration they go down nick so quickly try the pup on boiled rice and chicken small portions 5 times a day if need be start feeding by hand but make sure plenty of liquids if it wont drink water tempt with milk to get it going again at the end of the day its a very young pup and a bit of tlc is better than losing the young dog.

chicken and rice is a good bland meal for pups/dogs that have had gut problems ... BUT is no good for a pup/dog that has gone off its food as it is pretty bland and tasteless ... i would mince some meat down and make up a tasty gravy pour over and make into a soup consistency and serve warm ..........

He is drinking loads of water. Thats one thing I have noticed in him. I'm going to try him on boiled chicken and rice and see if that helps. Is it worth getting a xray done to see if there's anything foreign in the gut?

I don't think he's gone off his food I just think he's got real bad guts! Only time and tlc will tell!! :thumbs:

Just gave the pup boiled rice and a bit of tripe as my chicken breast hasn't defrosted!! Good news is he eat constant untill he was full!! Don't know wether he'l have dioreah off of it we will see in the morning!

Boiled chicken breast and rice for brekky YUM!!! :drink:

Drinking loads of water is a big red flag, in my opinion! Could mean kidney problems. Has he gotten into anything? Been exposed to lepto or antifreeze or something like that?

If he's passing through stuff, he's not fully blocked. If he's throwing up whatever you give him or not having any stool, then an x-ray could be useful.

He is drinking loads of water. Thats one thing I have noticed in him. I'm going to try him on boiled chicken and rice and see if that helps. Is it worth getting a xray done to see if there's anything foreign in the gut?

I don't think he's gone off his food I just think he's got real bad guts! Only time and tlc will tell!! :thumbs: