Four wheel drives

What do people think about driving four wheel drives across the fields when lamping? I know if I was the landowner I wouldn’t like it! :no:

Personally, I think if you can’t walk the fields, you should stay at home and play computer games. :angry:

Maybe an exception would be if you wanted to take a disabled friend, but even then I would clear it with the farmer first. :yes:

What do you think? :hmm:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depens on how much land you need to cover if is wet under foot then walk but in the summer when the ground is hard and dry go in the motor to cover more land and if its motor shy walk up to it the next night.

Guest little_lloyd

You would be forever opening and shutting gates here :laugh: But ask Royston from this site if he would prefer to be doing that than clambering through barbed wire and thich thorn hedges all night lol

What do people think about driving four wheel drives across the fields when lamping? I know if I was the landowner I wouldn’t like it! :no:

Personally, I think if you can’t walk the fields, you should stay at home and play computer games. :angry:

Maybe an exception would be if you wanted to take a disabled friend, but even then I would clear it with the farmer first. :yes:

What do you think? :hmm:

I much prefer walking, but when I was keepering I had masses of ground to cover, and the only way to cover most of it would be in a good off roader. The noise of the vehicle dosent disturb most foxes and other wildlife, unless they have been previously scared by one. (Mainly shooting them with big rifle). It can actually help sometimes, as young'uns arent affraid of comming right up to them. I killed tonnes of foxes then though. It would have been a total waste of time going on foot, when theres over 9 thousand acres to look after.

I still hunt the same land,(resigned from job) but now by foot and only with my dogs, and for me you just cant beat being on foot.

symbuea maybe you should stay at home and feching play computers you feching niave prick , or better still stick to catching rabbits and well ive got nephews and my self who can catch rabbs its not rocket sceince ,this is what comps are bad for uneducated prats ,when we were harvesting game ie selling it for cion we drove stubble after stubble if nessasary caught double figures flushing roe and hares in a week would never have got half odf what we caught if we wa;lked as i cant walk 20 to 100 miles a nite , plus youre in and outl no trailing about parking cars etc you drive in to the 100 acre feild or 60 acres feild the dogs are out bang number one roe or hares onto the next but we only drive stubbles plus a good stubble feild is handy to hide the car up out of prying eyes you naive dinlo or hind , i wouldnt preach what you no fech all about mate ive flushed legaly useing car and walking top end of 160 roe and 280 hares in a season , once the stubbles are ploughed well its shanks es pony ie walk and i love a walk , it shows [bANNED TEXT] expierences in hunting all sorts of qaurry , dont kcock what you dont no and always remeber diff land diff strokes

lurcher mick alot of game are not used to a vehicle and are only used to tractors so are not scared but if miss them well you need to leave them for a while etc but on the [bANNED TEXT] nights ive had big numbers i couldnt get walking

WELL LADS ,

ROUND THESE PARTS ITS CAUSED A WHOLE LOT OF TROUBLE ,

DAFT PRICKS SKIDING ROUND FIELDS OF STRAWBERRYS ETC , SMASHING UP MOTORS ON DYKES THEN SETTING FIRE TO THEM :no: ........ NO STUBBLE ONLY FOR THESE PRICKS WHIN !...........

THE FARMERS ARE SICK . THE KEEPERS ARE ON RED ALERT AND THE POLICE ARE PULLING MOTORS ALL THE TIME IN CERTAIN AREAS , MOST OF THE IDIOTS ARE DYKESHITTERS SO NO WONDER ,

NOW THEN ........... I HAVE DONE PLENTY OF TIMES AND PROBABLY WILL LAMP FROM A MOTOR AGAIN IN THE FUTURE ... BUT LIKE MOST THINGS THE COWBOYS ARE SPOILING THE JOB ........... NO WONDER DECENT LADS HAVE FECK ALL TO DO WITH HALF THESE PRICKS ! ,

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING