Wheaton Greyhound

hi all was just wondering , if you have or have seen a wheatonx work then how do you rate them and have any of you got pictures , i have one pup and i know of second cross 1/2 bred which is an extreme dog was just wondering who has them and what they like overall as thinking of getting another one but nout about at the moment , cheers ... GOOSE

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a cracking looking lurcher too!! i suppose some dogs dont do fox even the weathon cross but the good thing about this cross where i think bullx fails is that they can make excellent rabbiting dogs!!!

Posted Images

hi all was just wondering , if you have or have seen a wheatonx work then how do you rate them and have any of you got pictures , i have one pup and i know of second cross 1/2 bred which is an extreme dog was just wondering who has them and what they like overall as thinking of getting another one but nout about at the moment , cheers ... GOOSE

very reliable single handed dogs well most of them but as said hundred times before good an bad in evry cross :thumbs:

i got a first x i got from chris hickling a few years ago and its megga also got a three quarter cross not a bad dog but the first cross is better

• 2 years later...

a cracking looking lurcher too!!

i suppose some dogs dont do fox even the weathon cross but the good thing about this cross where i think bullx fails is that they can make excellent rabbiting dogs!!!

you only have to ask scent about that with ol jack,an excellent rabbit dog that didnt like fox :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yeah agree with you there, jess is also a cracking rabbit dog, I have the best of both worlds with her.

Are you refering to the wheaton that Brian had and gave away to slip I think it was? I could be wrong.

close lad.shep lol

think he might be stil a member on here shephound but does not own the dog anymore.

i seen the dog run and it was out of condition but still done excellent.

i can only imagine what the dog was like fully fit.

think it was catching 20ies on the lamp for shep :thumbs:

just shows a dog that cant make it as a fox dog can do other things thats why i think these crosses like collie and other crosses are better than most :thumbs:

a cracking looking lurcher too!!

i suppose some dogs dont do fox even the weathon cross but the good thing about this cross where i think bullx fails is that they can make excellent rabbiting dogs!!!

you only have to ask scent about that with ol jack,an excellent rabbit dog that didnt like fox :thumbs:

lets not start wi this shite eh :no: some bullxs make excellent all rounders,that includes bunnys,theyre not solely bred for charlie,well mine aint anyway ;)

ive nothing but good to say working wise but sawafew who were agressive with terriers my oldmate bred a litter a god 15 years ago first crosses, they caut foxes roe rabit hare he picked along backed dog made 25 saw it catch all sorts with a bit drive ,saw abig three qaurter cross not a good hare dog but was good on foxes pre ban , apart from that , cant say no more ,if you put the time into them with other dogs i think itds across i like ,for pest control