'94 Independant Fourtrak

Does anyone on this site know if my 94 fourtrak will run ok on veg oil? I know it should but is the fuel pump ok with it? I've heard one of the 2 pumps, either Bosh, of Lucas is ok to run oil, but one isn't, something to do with rubber 'o;rings.

Just filled up with diesel @ £1.08 per litre.

Does anyone know how I can find out whether I've got 'o'rings in my fuel pump?

P.S I'm NO mechanic!!!!!

Cheers.

Mate if you read the post on 4x4 fuel a couple of threads below your new post there will probably be an answer in there. I doubt, without looking if anyone will be able to tell you which fuel pump you have fitted. For all anyone knows you may have had a different pump fitted at some time etc etc.

There are links in that thread to info you will be able to read up on plus if you type in veggie oil to google you will have more than enough to go on. There are some sites that list models suitable for veg oil if you take the time to search.

At the end of the day it is your own choice to run veg oil no one elses. I have ran a vehicle on it no problems and would again but I did my homework first. Knowledge is power.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put some of Lidl's finest veg oil in (78p a litre v Tesco's 98p robbing b'stards) and it has been fine, a little extra smoke when cold / first thing thats all.

Anything in moderation should be ok but then you never really know mate.

I am going to use about 15 / 20 litres a month, thats all to take the sting out of motoring but what you do is up to you.

The only person i know who had any trouble at all was a palooka i know from Chesterfield ( books could be written about the c*nt :crazy: ) who would fill up neat all day every day with veg oil straight from the shopping trolley..........................................until, one day the Range Rover wouldn't Rove at all.

I've put some of Lidl's finest veg oil in (78p a litre v Tesco's 98p robbing b'stards) and it has been fine, a little extra smoke when cold / first thing thats all.

Anything in moderation should be ok but then you never really know mate.

I am going to use about 15 / 20 litres a month, thats all to take the sting out of motoring but what you do is up to you.

The only person i know who had any trouble at all was a palooka i know from Chesterfield ( books could be written about the c*nt :crazy: ) who would fill up neat all day every day with veg oil straight from the shopping trolley..........................................until, one day the Range Rover wouldn't Rove at all.

I`ve been running my Fourtrak on veg oil/diesel mix for about 10months now with no probs. Only thing you will need to do is change your fuel filter after a couple of hundred miles of running with the veg mix. THe veg oil will clean out your fuel system , but will deposit all the shite in your fuel filter . If you have an aisan type cash and carry near you they will sell 20litre drums of it . I pay around £15 which works out at 75p a litre. I find my trak runs better on the veg mix , around 60/40 diesel to veg in winter otherwise you`ll find starting really hard , but in summer I ran at about 10/90 diesel to veg . Make sure you change your engine oil and filter regular , they recommend you use a semi-synthetic oil with veg oil to clean away any deposits

I have not knowingly, nore will i ever, buy anything from an Asian, no matter how cheap :big_boss:

Therefore 3p a litre is worth not having to have anything to do with the 'em.

Interesting points about the rest though mate, i never considered changing the type of oil used, cheers :victory: