Good night for lamping

Hope you do better than me mate.Looked a perfect night, got out the van about 8.45 had couple of runs then didnt see a f*****g thing for bout 20 minutes then the poxy rain set in.Good luck anyway mate.

Edited by jmilam08

yes it was a good night, my 10 month old beddo x had a couple of bunnys and a brilliant retrieve of a long ear. Took that with the rifle i also had up my sleeve , so to speak. Its her first taste of the big uns so as you can imagine, i'm feeling like a proud dad right now,,, well something like that anyway. good luck with the pup. strong looking bull x that, and not looking too heavy on the front end. youve definately got a good chance of getting something if he gets some runs..

Perfect night tonite..

Anyone else going out tonite ??

Thinking of taking my 10 month old bullx pup tonite

see if he catches for first time... :blink:

post-16559-1205270131.jpg

Went out with my mate on his permission ,we took 19 rabbits ,and saw about 8 half grown hares ,which we did not disturb.nice and windy ,but not that dark .Out tommorow[today] with my 9 months old pup, hopefully will get one in his gob.Inan.

half grown hare localy, up north they are still just starting to breed same with rabbs localy saw two baby rabbs last week while ferreting apart from that everyhting is still running like the proverbail wind, what i do see when the stubbles are cut aug sep is three qaurter grown hares and no sport for a grown dog ,and wel nowadays localy i rarely look for hares until october to daylight flush as they are still dumb but good for a young dog, up here the seasons getting later the hares still run hard till the end of march, weres ten years ago by the end of feb , all the best ,

half grown hare localy, up north they are still just starting to breed same with rabbs localy saw two baby rabbs last week while ferreting apart from that everyhting is still running like the proverbail wind, what i do see when the stubbles are cut aug sep is three qaurter grown hares and no sport for a grown dog ,and wel nowadays localy i rarely look for hares until october to daylight flush as they are still dumb but good for a young dog, up here the seasons getting later the hares still run hard till the end of march, weres ten years ago by the end of feb , all the best ,

All my pals gave up retrieving hares 2nd week in Feb,ground was too hard and a couple of does had young in them ,,not my cup of tea.Magwitch and I were bolting Starter rabbits the 1st week in Jan,but thats pest control not sport .

here are some pics of my other bullx pup, he is 6 months so will start him off shortly,

he is 5/8 3/8 he has loads of character and even spent a night in local police cells

after he went missing at 13 weeks old.. he is nothing but trouble,

he wont get on with the terriers and even tried to eat the ferret,

his name is GARY.. which was not supposed to be

his name but my missus called it him once while we were thinking of a name

and then everyone started so he got stuck with it,, :laugh::laugh:

post-16559-1205331615.jpg

post-16559-1205331734.jpg