ferrets getting along

Hi guys,

Im getting a few additions in a couple of weeks, I currenlty have a desexed jill

scenario 1

what i was wondering is would 2 hobs fight if i got 2 hobs?

I havent decided on what i am getting yet, but thought i best to know before any issues arise

sceanario 2

if i get a hob and jill and get the hob desexed would intorducing another hob inot the mix later cause issues?

cheers all

:good:

I'm my experience, two whole hobs will fight.

2 neutered hobs will live happily.

a neutered hob and whole jill, or a neutered hob and neutered jill will be fine too, as will 2 jills, whether neutered or not.

A whole hob living with a neutered jill will cause problems, as the hob wont leave her alone!

Introducing new ferrets will be fine, as long as they fit into the criteria!

i have 5jills 1 hob running together none are neuterd they all get on really well i just seperate the hob about a month before jills come into season then put him back when there out my hob is really well natured but other ones maybe different.

2 whole hobs will fight

Guest wickidweasel

I have 1 full hob 1 castrated 2 spayed jills and 6 full jills living together with no problems i only remove the full hob when he is giving the jills a hard time or if i dont want litters. when i got the castrated hob he had a few runs ins with a spayed jill but after a couple of days they were ok. i the are full or not some ferrets dont get on.

Guest the dogs bollok

i have got 2 jills and 1 hob i had a hob and a jill living together and they were fine but 1 month before she goes into season i split her up and put her in with her mother they are normal they do not fight or nothing. :good:

Guest wickidweasel

they are rescues they was already done its a shame cos i would have loved to breed them. in my opinion ferrets either get on or dont some just dont like each other no matter what their sexual orientation is