Looking for new pack member

Hello all! I am after some help with choosing a whippet. Theres a lot of different looking stuff out there, some roach backed some not, some big some small. What are the best lines to go for. Has anybody got any pics of working whippets? Ive heard of Sooty Sam, apparently this was an excellent dog, which thew cracking pups- anyone got a whipet from these lines? The whippet will need to have the phisique to enable it to work daily and will be used mainly for rabbiting, day and night, but I also hope to run it with our bobbery pack, of spaniel, hound and terrier crosses from time to time. Any help will be much appreciated :thumbs:

in my opinion, Mike Brown's dogs (sooty Sam) are the best workers I've experianced, there's lots of pictures of his dog's offspring on here, including a few from a litter I bred and ALL are doing brill!!

do a search on the name Mike Brown or sooty sam and have a read :thumbs:

here's a picture of Glen, one of Mike's top stud dogs and the one I used to my bitch, he threw excellent pups, a couple of lads on here have pups from this litter and they are over the moon with them.

of course this is just my opinion, and I'm sure others have thier faves too ;)

post-4916-1205231573.jpg

Edited by Tina

ive got a whippet greyhound or a grew who i am going to breed with simliar stuff this year there shall be pups hopefully, they exel at boltingrabbs lamping they take roe hare etc comein at roughly 23 to 24n very honest bitch you can lamp her as free as abird and shees not scared to get stuck in ,plus has plenty wind for a grew cross an ideal little bitch to bred of ,if i can geta male of the same type ill breed her if not a big pure, saluk , are there any body with grews who catch roe haresrabbs fire into a fox etc if enterd properly, dog will have to be seen working or douing something raceing have strong feet etc

them two whippet are stunner !!!!! :thumbs:

Aye those whippets are strong looking dogs. Ive noticed 'Glen' here and there, and havent heard a bad thing about that line, exactly the sort of thing i'll be looking for. :thumbs: It will be the summer time when I will have new kennels for the dogs and the space for my new member.

There must be good workers from other lines out there?

Thanks to al for the help :notworthy:

• 1 month later...

i would highly recommend mikey browns stuff im a mate of zac twist who owns jake two (see mikeys site) he is the best wippet ive ever seen will run all day and take rabbits for fun!

he gets on well with all the lurchers and terriers superb temprament but can be a little bit noisy in the kennels but a small price to pay

Guest little lurcher

hi there you wont go far wrong with a good strong whippet!! as you are further up north id say also try jeff at pennymeadow or mark at parkstone , darren young from lincs , paul cork in norfolk , and myself norfolk too all work our whippets and would help and advise as much as we could , mike brown is also an obvious choice but many many lines of whippets also work to a very high standard

Hi there mate if your still looking for a good strong pup then give davidlloyd on this site, hes got sun cracking pups for sale out of sooty sam lines at the moment, i just got mine on monday night,

Picture005.jpg

cheers hedge hunter

Here is a daughter of 'Glen' and 'Meg' she is 11 months old,and,is coming on very well,and,she is so STRONG it is unbelieveable! And,her prey drive is right off the scale............................'Ula'........

DSC_0017-2.jpg

Here is a daughter of 'Glen' and 'Meg' she is 11 months old,and,is coming on very well,and,she is so STRONG it is unbelieveable! And,her prey drive is right off the scale............................'Ula'........

DSC_0017-2.jpg

She looks a great little bitch Martin! Glad to hear she works well for you.