need a bit of help

Guest baldie

Pussies use 12 gauges.....i,ve an eight bore....thats a mans gun....... :kiss:

Lets cut the crap guys, there bugger all wrong with a 20 bore, and its just as deadly in the hands of someone who can shoot.

guevara.

if 20 g shotguns are for whimps ill arrange a days pigeon/clay/game shooting for you with my mate who i shoot pigeons with he shoots a 20g,you will cry like a baby when he whips your ar*e with it .it takes a lot more skill to shoot a 20g than a12g.oh did i mention hes 67yrs old! :boxing:

Pussies use 12 gauges.....i,ve an eight bore....thats a mans gun....... :kiss:

Lets cut the crap guys, there bugger all wrong with a 20 bore, and its just as deadly in the hands of someone who can shoot.

Thank God for a bit of sense.

Your first gun is not as important as learning to shoot and that comes with time and practice. If you can try other's guns you'll get a good idea of what you do and more importantly don't like. A 20bore is plenty for what you want but you may prefer the 12bore. If you're swayed by the pussy/wimp argument, I'd forget getting a gun as it's a tool for those who respect the gun and it's awesome power whatever bore(I still use my .410 regularly), not posing.

Don't be put off, follow what you feel is right, it'll make you a better shot and responsible gun; that's the thing that'll make you a welcome enthusiast for the rest of your life.

Edited by stinkymojo
guevara.

if 20 g shotguns are for whimps ill arrange a days pigeon/clay/game shooting for you with my mate who i shoot pigeons with he shoots a 20g,you will cry like a baby when he whips your ar*e with it .it takes a lot more skill to shoot a 20g than a12g.oh did i mention hes 67yrs old! :boxing:

The gauntlet has been thrown guevara are you going to take the challenge?

the sporting agent what would you prefer a 12g or a 20 g ? :hmm:B)

I actually prefer a 16b, thats my shotgun of choice.

The guns I own are chosen because they are nice guns that do the job I want, not because I HAVE to have the biggest or best cal for this or that job.

Someone on here said 20's are rubbish and should only be concidered for wooses who can't handle the recoil of a 12......nonsence! If you are good enough you can shoot anything with a 20 that you can with a 12, so why go for a 12?! In fact in Europe the 16 is the more common cal.....

....I like them all; even my little 410! But that little 16b is the sweetest game gun I've ever come across........

Richard; you mentioned in the original post not wanting to spoil the meat etc; don't worry about cal as far as this is concerned, thats more to do with shot size and weight of powder than the 12 or 20 debate. PM me if you want any further specific advise.

Edited by The Sporting Agent

My mate went out with two brothers (both in their late sixties) shooting pigeons, they always said it was the cartridges that killed the bird/animal not the size of the gun. I have shot 12g, 20g and 410s since I was 14, it is personal preference most of the time that counts, what you are comfortable with and how good you are with the gauge size. I cant shoot any gun bigger than a 410 for a few months had to sell my 20g because the kick would damage my shoulder after having surgery :no: , not everybody that has a 20g is a whimp. Its not how big the gun is, its the way you shoot it :thumbs: