FAO Kane, Royston2 and Ratkilla

Cheers Kane for a cracking weekend and thank you mrs Kane for putting up with me :lol: . Great land, brilliant land, great sport just a shame about the company :D On a serious note Kane and mrs Kane are two of the nicest people you will ever meet and no matter what people think Kane knows his stuff.

Got picked up by Royston on saturday about 12pm got down to Kane's about 2 sorted out the dogs had a cuppa and went straight out with the terriers. Got to the land and headed off found a nice 5 hole earth netted the holes and Royston entered his lakeland bitch. We stood back and waited after about 5 minutes we heard baying. We left her to settle after another 10 minutes the fox bolted and hit the net. Kane's bull x grey slammed into it closely followed by Roystons beddy x grey. Shortly after, the lakeland bitch came out. A nice vixen about 14lb.

The hole the fox bolted from

3544.jpg

Postie's Bull x grey

3545.jpg

Result

3546.jpg

Image Hosting by ImgFree.net

Got back to Kane's about 5 not bad in my opinion just got down and already 1 fox in the bag. Headed back to Kane's sorted the dogs out and had a bite to eat. We waited for Ratkilla to arrive when he did we set off once again about 6pm with the terriers to try for another dig unfortunately nothing at home. got back about 10pm put away the terriers had a very nice pasta bake cooked by Mrs Kane. Headed out with the lurchers about 11pm. I have never seen so many foxes in one night not all of them wanted to be called in but there was one who came in too close. :ph43r: Another vixen about 13-15lb

Result

3550.jpg

3551.jpg

Finished lamping about 3am and got back for some well deserved kip :lol:

Up bright and early on sunday and headed to some of Ratkilla's permission for some ferreting and ratting. Not to many rats ended up with about 4 but was a good laugh headed onto the burrows we were going to ferret to find the nice 7 holers we had been promised were more like 30 holes in bramble :lol: ran out the 2 longnets to split the hedge into sections. Worked a treat and the dogs had a couple of short runs. By the way Ratkilla for christmas ask for a decent spade instead of your teaspoon and some working ferrets not show stock :lol::lol:

Carried on working the hedges and decided to give Toc a run on an easy rabbit he did well and caught it. I think Ratkilla should work on the retrieving side of things though :D;)

3552.jpg

3553.jpg

3554.jpg

3555.jpg

3556.jpg

Overall it was a great weekend with genuine people i look forward to the next time lads. And dont worry Royston ill try not to tell anymore stories on the drive down :lol:

Nice pics [bANNED TEXT],Ime glad you enjoyed it I know its not a numbers game but I was hoping to show you a few more,thats the name of the game.

The thing that pleased me the most was the Bullx finding and holding the mark.

It was a good weekend and all those years ago aswell ;)