my mates son applied for his license and was kindly told in a harsh way that he needed to be 18 that was notts police,so i thought it was the law ,i only have air rifles and never been that interested in shot guns ,i hold my hand up and appologise and say sorry i must have been informed incorrectly :notworthy:

to buy a gun or to buy ammunition you have to be 18 :thumbs: but can hold a cert younger ...

sorry hpool_hunter just as a friendly nudge.

you dont need to be 18 to buy ammo or guns, as long as you have a valid cert you can buy guns and ammo at 17.

thanks

ss06

not meaning to be snooty!

im not sure you can carry any firearm under the age of 18 unless your with somebody who hase a shotgun cerifacate and is old enough

after the age of 15 you can carry and transport a shotgun unsupervised and use it unsupervised and when your 17 you can buy your guns and ammo. under 15 you can have a shotgun given to you and put on your license but you must be accompanied by someone over the age of 21 when using it. at all times when in the public domain it must be in a secure gunslip or case.

thanks

ss06

p.s just thought id clarify a few bits and pieces.

Used to see a chap turn up on a motor bike at a clay shoot near here, in the summer anyway!!

He gave the gunslip straps a bit of help by tying some light rope round the outside top and bottom for extra support. Later, he changed to a "take down" case in a long-ish rucksack, reckoned it was safer, and it balanced better too.