Historical Winners Register ?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I have the Owners name. I have the Trainers name. I have the gender and colour of the Dog. I even have it's trap number. I also have a pretty shrewd idea of where it won and have the date down to a few years (mid 1960's). Now I'm trying to find the buggers name.

Anyone got a clue how I might try to go about that, please?

Thanks.

You could try this form Greyhound Data and see if they come up with anything.

Sorry, scrap that! It won't work unless you have the name. There is a list of kennels though, could try contacting the trainer if they still train. Or you could try a race search, they have details back to the 60's on GD so far as their search goes.

Edited by Missie
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Cheers for that, Missie. Unfortunately, both Owner and Trainer were dead before 1970. Bugger is, another person who might well have remembered the Dog died last saturday. I've had the photo that's inspired this on my pc for months now. It was only last night, as I worked on something using that folder, that it hit me: 'Who was that Dog?'. Ye know how these things can bug one.

Well, there's still one man alive who likely knows off the top of his head. My mission now is to get the question to him :hmm:

If you have the sire and /or dams name you could enter that and by a process of elimanation try that way on greyhound data, or you could try the irish greyhound board site www.Igb.ie. and see if they have a historical section of such.

Failing that, if you know where and what race it won contact the stadium and see if they can help

cheers

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Not as yet, mate. And this thing's now So grinding that I haven't the heart to try to trawl fora. I can barely function in here as it it. But Ossie's having a look at some old stuff she has access to. Mheanwhile, I'll try to get someone to ask someone who should know, mid week. Only thing is, they'll be meeting at a funeral. But I don't know what else people talk about at funerals.

That said, I'm so f*cking hacked off with trying to work in here, I'm getting my boots back on and going out with the rifle. Give my spine a stretch, if nothing else. I've had a gut full of this :wallbash: ~ the lap top, ye understand? Not the forum.

Not as yet, mate. And this thing's now So grinding that I haven't the heart to try to trawl fora. I can barely function in here as it it. But Ossie's having a look at some old stuff she has access to. Mheanwhile, I'll try to get someone to ask someone who should know, mid week. Only thing is, they'll be meeting at a funeral. But I don't know what else people talk about at funerals.

That said, I'm so f*cking hacked off with trying to work in here, I'm getting my boots back on and going out with the rifle. Give my spine a stretch, if nothing else. I've had a gut full of this :wallbash: ~ the lap top, ye understand? Not the forum.

Ditch PM me with what you have (trainer/owner, track you think it was), and I'll see If I can help. I'm not that old, but I know people who are. It will be tough on what you say you have, but will do my best, Nihil ausum nihil lucratum.