Misfiring Cylinder 6 - Shogun 3.0 V6

Bought my Shogun two months ago and EML comes on a couple of weeks ago. Put into garage and returns code of misfiring cylinder 6. Replaced leads and coil pack but code still coming back. So after paying mechanic for this, he holds his hands up and says its too big a job for him as it seems to be the cylinder itself thats goosed. Anyone I have spoken to has been well worried, giving me crazy numbers to get it fixed. :wallbash:

Any ideas on repair of this, I know it wont be a small job but hoping I dont need to get the balaclava to get the funds :gunsmilie:

Ta

Before you start paying someone to strip that side of the engine get a compression test done, if the compression pressure on number six is within tolerances the engine will not need to be stripped, and it could be something simple like a faulty injector.

To be honest mate a good mechanic with the right scanning equipment should soon highlight the fault.

• 4 weeks later...