best way of setting sights on a gun

lawzy

need help... i have recently taken up shooting again but my sights are no longer correct and i need help figuring a good method to correct them does anyone have an idea?? p.s i am 15 and only know that the twisty things move the cross up/down and left/right. also would strapping my gun down to a table and fireing then looking threw the scope be a good method or pointless???

Dont strap the gun down if its a springer it needs to recoil naturally.If you are using a scope make sure you use good quality mounts for starters,make sure your eye relief is correct 2-3 inches normally,get the scope into focus,good sharp crosshairs,use a plumb line to centrelise the scope then tighten up the mounts hand tight as you dont want to crush the scope body.Try to use a bench with a beanbag or any steady platform to shoot from pace out roughly or measure out your zero range place a target then see where the pellets land,adjust the scope windage & elevation dials as necessary til you can get a good grouping.Try to zero indoors or on a relitively wind free day if possible...thats the way i re zero when needed however im sure there will be easier/technical ways of doing it :hmm: